Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is there a way to send delayed messages to people on social media?

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
edited April 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
Is there a way to send delayed messages to people on social media? That way people would not find out my suicide plan until it is too late. Do not try to talk me out of it. I don't want to get punished for things I cannot control any more.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
Post edited by Leon on

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Kate_20 it sounds like your really struggling right now, please reach out and speak to somebody. We all care about you.

Here’s some links of places you can go for support.
    Visit your nearest A&E department or call 999 if you need urgent medical attention, or if you have plans to end your life and don't feel safe. They are there to protect and help you when you need it most.

Crisis Messenger are contactable by text, 24/7, and can talk through any urgent issues you're facing:
    Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, and are experiencing any painful emotion or are in crisis, you can text THEMIX to 85258.

Papyrus can help you work on some practical techniques to get you through those intense moments:
    If you are having thoughts of suicide or are concerned for a young person who might be you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice.

Call: 0800 068 4141
    Text: 07786209697
    Email: pat@papyrus-uk.org
    Opening hours: 10am – 10pm weekdays, 2pm – 10pm weekends, 2pm – 10pm bank holidays

Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7:
    Whatever you're going through, call us free any time, from any phone on 116 123. We're here round the clock, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you need a response immediately, it's best to call us on the phone. This number is FREE to call. You don't have to be suicidal to call us.

CALL US
    116 123 (UK)
    116 123 (ROI)

EMAIL US
    jo@samaritans.org (UK)
    jo@samaritans.ie (ROI)

I'm Alive offer a crisis webchat service:
    IMAlive is a free, confidential and secure online chat service. All chats are answered by trained volunteers. Please use a computer for best chat connection (cell phones my cause the chat to disconnect unexpectedly).
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    LeonLeon Deactivated Posts: 9 Confirmed not a robot
    Hey Kate,

I can really clearly hear that you're going through an incredibly difficult and painful time so really wanted to celebrate the bravery it takes to reach out and express those kinds of feelings and thoughts.

Thanks so much @Dandelion for your great suggestions for support and I just want to reiterate how important it can be to reach out to them - there are so many people out there that want to help you stay safe and to find ways to cope and improve the way you're feeling - keep going Kate <3

I'm going to close this thread now so we can PM you and reach out in a more confidential space.
    “Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us.”
    ― David Richo

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” ― Maya Angelou

This discussion has been closed.