Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Uni rant

DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
edited March 27 in Work & Study
So my housemate and I are completely different in the way we work, I like to get things done early whilst they leave things a bit later and get them done in the week before the deadline. So we've got a deadline this Friday and then another one next week. I've finished the one for this Friday and I'm trying to work on the one for next week, whilst my housemate is still doing the one for this Friday. I was feeling okay about my assignment, but my housemate keeps asking me loads of questions because they need help with theirs. I don't mind helping but then they are asking have you wrote about this... and I'm like no not really and then they're like oh well what have you wrote about then, because I've wrote about this... It literally makes me question my whole thing and now instead f getting on with what I was doing I need to go back and check the assignment due on Friday. It literally pisses me off so bad it makes me feel I've done it all wrong. Then I just say to them oh I'm not sure and stuff and they keep pushing like I thought we had to write about... if you haven't done that then what have you wrote about. It just stresses me out. Okay rant over.
The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Just emailed my lecturer hopefully he replies soon
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    edited April 2022
    Do you submit your work early too? Honestly I think the best way to look at it is that you can have the best of both as someone who's proactive in getting it done. Have confidence in what you've done but know that you're leaving yourself time to change and improve if / when necessary :)

Worst comes to worse and it really gets to you, it's okay to say no to your housemates.
  • Options
    Yeah I do actually submit it early but we can resubmit it, which don't get me wrong I appreciate but I do kind of wish that once I've submitted I can't change it sometimes it would stop me worrying about it constantly.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Yeah for sure, anxiety sucks in that sense. Maybe you could come up with a compromise - give yourself some extra time after you think you've finished, before you submit things. In that time you can help people and change things if it seems necessary. But after you submit it, put it out of mind and focus your attention on the next thing (don't discuss it with your housemates if it helps you avoid worrying).

I'm not sure what you're doing at uni but a person's perspective on and understanding of a task is going to differ from somebody else's - it doesn't necessarily mean that either person is wrong. It doesn't apply to all subjects equally, but your understanding of something and how you best communicate it is unique to you. Obviously you can share ideas with others and put your own spin on them, but keep the identity of what you do and it will probably be good. I feel like I'm rambling, but in short you'll always communicate your own ideas better than someone else's :D you should be confident I'm the work you do
  • Options
    Yeah, thats a good idea. Thank you, I always worry that what I've done is wrong just because someone has done something different. I think I just need to accept that just cause we've done things differently doesn't necessarily mean I've done it wrong, it could just be different ways of looking at it.
  • Options
    LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
    Sending hugs to you as Supernova basically said it all, 🤗