Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How is medication meant to help when you're not the problem?

tetratetra Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
How are treatments for mental health meant to make people better if there isn't anything wrong with them? What if there are just terrible people out there causing harm and life just isn't kind to you? A tablet or therapy can't fix what's not broken

Comments

• Options
    daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    Hi @tetra

Thank you for opening up and asking this question. This is such a valid question to ask and I completely agree with you, there is not anything wrong with the person seeking help. However, we can't control other people, only ourselves. I think that is where therapy comes into it, if we can learn coping strategies for when terrible things do happen, or ways to cut terrible people out of our lives, then we may be able to deal with it in a way that will not affect our mental health as much. I don't think therapy is about trying to fix us as individuals, I think it is more to do with viewing things with a different perspective in order to cope <3
  • Options
    Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    @tetra I agree. That is why it is so hard to receive MH help after an aftermath of narcissistic abuse. Sometimes admitting our problems cause by the narcissist feels like being called crazy by the narcissist in the first place. They abused us and they even actively sent us to therapy, indicating that we the victims are the real problem.
    Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
    Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
    El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo