Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I need a day off

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I know it sounds ridiculous for me. Everyday is a day off. I've not really accomplished anything. But I am so drained. The basic self-care is a struggle. I am too tired to eat or drink. I need a day off. I can't have a day off because I messed up my life and I have a deadline tomorrow. I have to be prepared. I don't know why so many people have more complicated MH struggles but they achieved more than I do.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    Hey, thanks for commenting I know it can be difficult sometimes to share your feelings
    It's important to remember that everybody needs to have days off and give themselves time to unwind, you should never feel guilty for taking a break from everyday life because life is stressful sometimes! Your mental health is super important and it should always come before things like deadlines even when it may seem like they are more important and teachers, parents etc are telling you they are. Doing things you enjoy is important even if they make you feel unproductive, I personally like watching films or my favourite tv series when I'm feeling low, talking also helps but we aren't always in the mood to talk which is perfectly fine so doing simple things like watching a funny film can help.

As for struggling with self-care, i've been in that situation myself and i sometimes fall back into it, I've found that doing things like keeping some cleansing face wipes or micellar water by my bed can rrly help to feel a bit cleaner when you don't have the energy to shower or wash your face. Also, keeping some chewing gum, floss and mouthwash close by helps for those times when you don't have the energy to brush your teeth and keeping some snacks and a bottle of water close by just in case you do get a bit of energy to eat/drink.
    I know it's easy to think you are the only one struggling but just know youre not the only one going through this and you should never compare yourself to others because if everyone was the same wouldnt that be boring! I hope this helped a little and im always here to chat <3
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hey @Kate_20

This doesn't sound ridiculous at all. It can be so tiring and draining dealing with difficult thoughts and feelings. You are only human and it is absolutely okay to feel this way; your feelings are so valid :heart:

How would it be to take self-care one baby step at a time? Can you think of one tiny thing that might make you feel even 1% better? I often find that doing just one thing helps to boost my energy a little, and can eventually lead to another thing, and then another etc. Just remember to be patient with yourself - you are doing your very best :heart: