Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Life is a struggle

Kira1911Kira1911 Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
I left school halfway through year 10 and only really kept in contact with 1 friend, I've tried going to college twice but both times I've had to drop out because of various physical and mental health problems. Now I'm 18 the one friend i do have i feel like im drifting away from, and lately life feels like such a force/struggle. i suffer from Anxiety, Depression and OCD. whenever i go out in public i get really bad panic attacks and because of when i left school and with the pandemic ive pretty much been home for near on 5 years and the isolation feels like its crushing the breathe out of me. i can go out in public alone but if im with someone it feels like my minds on fire and i get really bad fight or flight response. Anyway i thought joining something like this might be good, it can't hurt to try, Thank you for reading this :)

Comments

• Options
    SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 817 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi kira,
    It's nice to meet you. It sounds like the past few years have been really tough. Sending lots of hugs.
    I hope this doesn't sound patronising but well-done for sharing all that and reaching out. I know when Ive felt lonely talking here has really helped alot. I know how daunting it can be so it's awesome that you've come here. We're always happy to listen if you ever need anything. Also I'm not sure if you know but every night  at 8  the mix run group chats for an hour and a half. They're another great opportunity to talk and meet some really amazing people.

Always happy to listen if you ever need someone to talk to <3
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your kind message, it feels nice knowing I’m not alone and other people are experiencing the same things as me
  • Options
    Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    Kira1911 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your kind message, it feels nice knowing I’m not alone and other people are experiencing the same things as me

Hi @Kira1911 I feel the same. Because of the pandemic and my MH, my friends are drifting away from me as well. You are not alone in feeling lonely.
    Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
    Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
    El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
  • Options
    And the trouble is the only friendship i do have isn’t really that emotional, if that makes sense, we joke around a bunch but hardly actually talk about our feelings, i have tried talking about them in the past but i get the feeling that she’s not comfortable with sharing like that, which is completely fine but just makes me realise i need deeper connection with other people