Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Failure

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
edited March 27 in Work & Study
All that I have done is futile. I never learned how to study. I am always studying in the wrong way until one day they finally discovered that all was wrong. I didn't know how I had relevantly okay grades during my undergrads but it is not working now. There was an early warning sign and I thought I fixed the problem years ago. Maybe it only looked like it was fixed. I guess I need some counselling but I probably cannot get that.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Kate_20

I am sorry you are struggling at the moment, I appreciate you reaching out to us. I do not believe there is a 'right' way to study. Throughout my undergrad I studied in multiple different ways, all of which I felt like I was not doing the right thing or studying the right way. Even with assignments I never felt like I had done them right. However, I still ended up with a relatively good grade at the end of it. The point is that you are still studying, as long as you are looking at the material in some way, you are studying in your own way. It may not feel like anything is going in at the time but when it comes to it you may surprise yourself. If you feel as though you are struggling with studying, it could be beneficial to mention it to your university, they may be able to sit down with you 1:1 and find ways you enjoy studying or a way that works for you. I believe there is counselling on The Mix, it may be worth checking that out. There are many ways you can get counselling and if The Mix counselling is not suitable for you then contacting your GP could be beneficial. :)

Hope this helps <3
  • Options
    Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    @daisyella12 I ruined my degree and something must be seriously wrong. I received help from my undergrad and it only fixed the problem on the surface. That is why I ruined my postgrad degree when I also ruined my MH. All my methods are wrong and they do not fix things from the root. I am very slow to learn things and it is hard for me to see the wider picture (only understand separate sentences but not a paragraph). I always assume that people can read my mind but they can't. I always punish myself for not trying harder and now I end up in a worse place because I went over my limit.
    Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
    Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
    El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
  • Options
    daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Kate_20

This sounds really difficult for you. I understand you received help for your undergrad and it didn't fix the whole problem, however, there may be other options for help with your postgrad such as extra time or extended deadlines due to you struggling. I know this may not be helpful but it may be beneficial to discuss the options and explain how you struggle to learn things and the uni may offer some more support. Everyones learning ability is different, you are clearly trying your best to learn and do not need to punish yourself for that! Your best is all you can do and the fact you have reached out and tried multiple different methods suggests you have been trying your best! <3