Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Prescription problems

DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
So whenever I take ibuprofen I have to take omeprazole at the same time, because otherwise the ibuprofen interacts with another medication im on. I had this prescribed at my old GP, so I had to pay £9.50 or whatever the prescription charge is for 28 tablets. I've just moved GPs and rung up asking if I can get this prescription, I got a text back just now saying to buy it over the counter instead where it costs £9.99 for 7 tablets. I can't really afford to be spending that, but if I don't take ibuprofen and only paracetamol on my period then I literally can't get out of bed. I just rung back and asked if there was anything else I could do or what would happen if I didn't take it, because I really don't want to pay that much. Just needed to rant.
The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 

Comments

• DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I just got another text saying I shouldn't have to take it, but ti shouldn't take ibuprofen months on end, like what does this even mean, if I take it just on my period ill be okay. Im so confused its really annoyed me, like I couldn't even speak to anyone in person about this it just got passed from the receptionist to the GP and then back to the receptionist to me. What am I meant to do just take it anyway and hope it doesn't do any harm
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Got an apt so I can actually speak to someone about it. Now I just need to wait I hate waiting for them to ring when they don't give. specific time it makes me feel on edge all day