Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

life

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
r we grounded to one person or is it possible tht we can wake up in a different house after looking at a person , thinking 'i wish i were her'
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000
    Do you feel comfortable expanding on what you mean by this?
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    Wen we despair of our lives, we would like to be someone else. Hav u Eva felt tht way? How do u get by? I feel somedays I step back into wen my world wasn't nice,
    Advice or tips or strategies?
    Crazy mad insane
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @ellie2000 It's understandable to want to find a way to escape when things are becoming overwhelming for you. I'm wondering, how's journaling been going for you Ellie?
  • StellalunaStellaluna Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    @ellie2000 Do you have any hobbies or activities that make you feel good? It might be an idea to do some activities you have enjoyed in the past that you know will lift your mood.
    It might be an idea to spend some time outdoors in nature, do some gentle exercise by going for a walk in the park or by following a YouTube video.
    Perhaps, relaxing in a bubble bath could be an idea? Some people say ice baths and cold showers help improve their mood. Are there any types of books you enjoy reading? Or, if it’s easier you could try listening to an audiobook on a topic you find interesting or a good novel? Keeping a journal and entering three things you are grateful for every day may help you feel a little better. Are there any activities you would like to try out that you have never done before? This might take your mind off things, give you some enjoyment and a sense of achievement.
    You are special. You are worthy. You are enough. There is no such thing as a perfect life or perfect circumstances. As long as you are doing your best and trying, that is enough.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    I play keyboard and games, I got new ones this weekend. When I feel head rain it's too late so I go to bed, aren't cold baths n cold shower painful?
    I listen to Christine keeler audio book, I like graphic novels, can anyone recommend good ones? 😊
    Isit possible to become who u were?
    Crazy mad insane
  • StellalunaStellaluna Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    @ellie2000 That’s wonderful that you have some outlets to focus on, like keyboard, games and audiobooks. Cold baths and showers are not for everyone, but you might prefer warm ones. It might be an idea to have a look at Goodreads for some book recommendations.
    I wonder if you feel you have lost touch with who you once thought you were? It could be an idea to think about what you used to enjoy doing in the past and do these to get a sense of reconnecting with yourself.
    I wonder if you have had any major life changes that may have resulted with his sense of not feeling like the person you used to be? This could be a good opportunity to reflect on who you want to be and what you want to change. This may involve setting new goals, learning a new skill, or reconnecting with friends.
    It is also worth considering our sense of identity is not fixed and change is a part of life which may lead to personal growth. :)