Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

wellbeing calls

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,971 Community Veteran
is it just 1 person or can they call in a stand-in wen they are off
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hi @ellie2000, I think it depends upon the nature of your relationship, is it normally with the same person at the same time each week? If so, it's likely they will get back to you when they're back, however, I think if you do really need this support, you could always contact them and ask if someone can take their place for that session :)
  • Options
    i did ask in a txt but she didnt get back to me,
    i had peer mentoring n i still dont understand wat tht is, wat is it?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    wats turning point, isit usaul tht they let u down twice, is it a good service. how do i chase it up, or is it not bothering with
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    i emailed i dont remember sending. stuff about self harm n stuff
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    @ellie2000 I'm so sorry that this keeps happening for you, it's completely unfair! Do they have a complaints department that you can contact about the lack of care and support you've been receiving? It isn't normal for mental health services to let you down, I'm really sorry this is a recurring thing that you're having to deal with, with Turning Point. Can you explain a little more about what the peer mentoring is for i.e. crisis, drugs or alcohol etc? I'm really sorry to hear about this, I just wanted to check and see if you're okay considering all that's happening?
  • Options
    wen i had peer mentoring, i wanted just to offload n vent, but it was always about recovery star, wats tht? i dont recommend
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    he was in control of convo
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    their website goes to a 404 page, and i know tht companies fake reviews
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    turning point from wat i herd is acohol & drugs, thts not wat im looking 4. idk. i havnt herd frm the mental health team either
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    @ellie2000 I'm so sorry, I don't know what recovery star is unfortunately, is this like a service you can drop in to if you're in a crisis? I am really sorry they keep letting you down, this isn't fair on you at all, you deserve support and care! I think there is a complaint e-mail, if you'd like me to look into that quickly for you? Yeah I think primarily they are a service for alcohol and drug recovery, but they do have some services for mental health. It seems like they keep letting you down, and that seems very upsetting and frustrating. I wonder if you've contacted your GP to discuss this with them? They may be able to give you different options?
  • Options
    i had a teams meeting with someone frm the Mental Health 17th november , shall i chase tht up too
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    You can chase that up if you were hoping for a follow up / reply, Ellie 😊
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    or would they reply better if it came frm a adult
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    They should reply either way, but maybe. Are you thinking about getting someone else to talk to them?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    i think tht would quicker it, r there more queues than usaul? should i leave it till the 20th december if i dont hear frm any1? tht would've been a month
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    @ellie2000 This is completely up to you! Whatever you feel would be best suited for you. Just know that it's not your fault that they're not being as helpful as you'd like. It's likely referrals are quite high due to lack of funding but if you've been told they'd contact you by a certain date and they haven't then that's on them completely. Do you feel like they'd be a helpful service for you?
  • Options
    i got a email saying 'GREEN' from turning point. w'eva tht means
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    @ellie2000 This seems really confusing and frustrating for you. Is there any way of you contacting them back to get some clarification on what's going on in terms of your support from them? Or did they just give you an e-mail that you can't reply to?
  • Options
    end of december, would the stick to their word
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    @ellie2000 I'm so pleased they've finally got in contact with you. They should be in contact with you at the end of December. They may have just been struggling with demand of referrals recently, of course that doesn't make it okay that they've been making you feel upset and frustrated, but this seems like a good sign!