Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Thoughts

GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
edited November 2021 in General Chat
What do you do when everything falls apart and feels like everyone hates me?

Getting drunk and self harming is unhealthy and I don't know what to do to cope with being the most hated person

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I don't know what to do
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @GreenTea I am so sorry to read that you're going through such a difficult time right now. It can be so hard to see any positives when your head space is fighting you and making you feel lonely and depressed.

It's so great that you're self-aware and know what's harmful and not harmful to you. This is very commendable, particularly when in crisis. Do you feel safe enough to express anything more about how you're feeling right now? I would really like to help you as best I can, but don't feel like you have to share anything further.

Don't want to go into detail till spoken to citizens advice about everything.
    Just had enough you know?
    @GreenTea I understand completely, do what's best for you. Try and be gentle with yourself during this time. Do you have anything that you really enjoy doing or something that distracts you, that you feel would help for the time being? I know it can be hard to distract these thoughts and it may seem trivial when you're going through such a difficult time.

I really hope this situation turns around for you soon.
    Thanks.
    I need sleep. 4 hours a night for the last several nights isn't enough. I'm tired but so many thoughts racing my mind
    @GreenTea You’re more than welcome!

I understand. 4 hours is definitely not enough sleep for anyone, and I’m so sorry that this is happening. Is there anything you know of that can help, maybe throughout the day, so you’re more tired in the evening?

I’ve found in the past that if I do more in the day, particularly going outside for a long walk, really helps in the evening. Although, I understand this isn’t always possible, and it’s never as easy as saying something and it actually working, but I just want you to know that someone cares about you.
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hey @GreenTea

I'm sorry you're going through a really difficult situation.
    Sending lots and hugs and support. <3 x

Intrusive thoughts are a bitch to deal with, and can often cloud your perspective on everything.
    I agree with @emilia_e here - try to be gentle with yourself.
    You reached out to the Mix here, and it's amazing. You're strong for this. <3

When everything falls apart, it's intense, confusing, frustrating, scary.
    Like everything you thought you knew is suddenly collapsing.
    You're not alone in this and know that everyone at the Mix's here to support you. <3

If I'm struggling to confide in my support circle:
    - Let them know that you need some space for a bit.
    - Place helpline contact numbers & websites where it's visible; serves as a reminder that there's someone there for you.
    - A journal if you're struggling to communicate your thoughts verbally. Think of this journal like a punching bag.

If you're still feeling relatively down:
    - Watch something light (could be a bad movie, comedy tv shows, etc)
    - Drink some tea
    - Go out for a walk
    - Take a warm bath (especially before bed, helps a lot.)

Hope your situation gets better. <3
    Thank you
  • maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @GreenTea I am so sorry you are feeling like this. It can be so hard to get out of but be hopeful. May I ask how long you have been feeling like this and struggling with sleep (the reason I'm asking is because I know how sleep is so interconnected with mental health)? It seems silly but make a list of things you like doing, for example, I adore films and the cinema so whenever I feel down, I watch some of my favourite films. What do you like doing? Good luck, hopefully you feel better soon!