Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How are you feeling today?

BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
Happy Friday all!!

Just wanted to do a check in to see how we’re all doing. Remember this is a safe space and if you feel you’re able to, you can express your feelings here without judgement.

Your feelings are valid and important.

Hope you’re all keeping well and have a fabulous weekend.

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,650 Legendary Poster
    I’m not too bad, second day on new antidepressants and it’s going ok. Had so far no side effects. In a ton of pain though because I hurt my back again yesterday.

How are you @Brookee?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @independent_ that’s so great to hear! I know starting new antidepressants can be quite a tricky time. If you ever need any support, don’t hesitate to reach out! I’m so sorry to hear about your back though, I do hope it feels better soon!

I am doing well, thank you so much for asking! Trying to get used to the cold again, but looking forward to Christmas now!
  • Options
    I’m also looking forward to Christmas, can’t believe how quickly it’s come around. My birthday is next month too so I like December a lot. It’s actually been a bit warmer here today than yesterday, it’s probably not gonna last though.

How are you finding the boards so far?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Christmas is just such a cosy time isn’t it? I know! I feel like I’ve blinked and this year is almost over? Oh that’s so lovely!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday! Have you got anything planned? Ooh you are very lucky! I always forget it’s meant to be cold in November, and feel shocked when it is haha.

I’m loving it! Thanks so much for asking! How long have you been on here?
  • Options
    @Brookee Not got anything planned yet I’ll probably just go out for dinner or a few drinks (cocktails, yesssss). I live in Scotland so I kinda get used to the cold hahaha.

Aha so I’ve been here for nearly 6 years, long time eh? My first username was Elleloveschocolate which is still true tbh. My name’s Elle and I love chocolate! Anyway I’m going off on a tangent, it’s a lovely place to be. Have you found the group chats yet? There’s one on every night at 8pm and the general chat is really good fun!
  • Options
    @independent_ that sounds really lovely though! I really do hope you have a wonderful time and do something that makes you really happy! I get you! I used to live in the Highlands before I moved to England. Somehow I still wasn’t prepared for the cold haha.

So you’re like a veteran here then really! That’s so incredible! Haha what’s your favourite chocolate? Hi Elle! It’s so wonderful to meet you!

I hadn’t actually found the group chats! Thank you so much for pointing them out to me! I will definitely keep an eye out. This community is so lovely and welcoming I’m very grateful to be here ☺️
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    @Brookee see I used to live in London, before moving to Scotland 17 years ago. I know I was young when I moved but I still kept the London accent lol. Aww, I love the highlands, my parents went on holiday there this summer.

It’s nice to meet you too. I guess I am a veteran although I did take a break of about a year a while back. Came back in lockdown and don’t know how I ever left for so long.

I’ll post you a link to the group chat page: https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat

And also if you’re ever looking for an active thread for a general chit chat, the general chit thread is at: https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3596830/general-chit-chat-op-greentea/p782
  • Options
    As for favourite chocolate (sorry, I am really not with it today and missed that question) has to be magic stars.
  • Options
    @independent_ that’s really cool! Do you prefer Scotland to London? Aw I hope they had a really good time! It’s so pretty up there but always cold haha.

That’s okay though, life happens doesn’t it? It’s just nice to meet you now! Lockdown was very difficult, I hope you were okay during it.

Thank you so much! This is so unbelievably kind of you!

No please it’s absolutely fine! That’s a very very good choice to be honest!