Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Number Confidence Week - myth busters about maths

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited November 2021 in General Chat
qaqfwo9xwyqy.png
[image description: two people holding a banner that says 'Number Confidence Week'

Hey everyone,

This week is Number Confidence Week and we're going to be posting a few discussions on the community to help anyone increase their confidence around numbers.

For our first post, we thought we'd share some myth busters. Let us know in the comments which one's you found interesting and if you have any of your own, do share them below :)

Myth 1
I can't do maths because I never use it in my work or life

We all use maths everyday: planning journeys, shopping, cooking, doing DIY: all of them are working with numbers.

Myth 2
Learning maths once you've left school, is just like going back to school.

Even when you've left school, you can choose what and how you learn. You can do it online, confidentially and in your own space.

Myth 3
I'm the only one who feels anxious about maths.

Maths anxiety is common, many of us feel anxious, nervous or stressed when it comes to numbers.

We hope you found these myth busters interesting! If you want to see more content about Number Confidence Week, you can follow National Numeracy and #NumberConfidenceWeek on social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook).

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Post edited by Aife on