Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I have a crush on a regular customer and I need some advice :)

Rose124Rose124 Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
Hi everyone.

I hope you’re all doing well :)

This is quite a short post today. Basically, I’m in a bit of a situation, but I have recently developed a crush on a customer who is a regular at where I work and I really don’t know what to do; because I haven’t been in this situation before. But she’s just so cool and I would love to get to know her better, I’m just so afraid that one day she will stop coming into the shop altogether and I would have missed my shot or something to that degree.

Anyway, I have been researching no end on how to approach this situation.
And I was wondering if you guys had any advice on what you would do if you were in this situation?
My ideas are to either
- keep getting to know her better when I serve her
- Write my number on her receipt and hope that she responds positively

Please, if someone could give me any wise words of wisdom that would be really appreciated.

Thank you so much
Have a lovely rest of your day :)

Comments

• RuhRuh Posts: 48 Boards Initiate
    Friendship always has to come first
  • maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @Rose124 That seems like a confusing situation. I think it may help to talk to a coworker about this, as they can offer better advice than I can! But if I were you, i would try and get to know her better and then after time (a few weeks) give her your number. Needless to say, make sure she knows that you gave her the number and not someone else! Good luck!
  • Rose124Rose124 Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
    Any tips on how to befriend her @ruh? We get a few minutes to chat at the till which is good I guess. Do you have any more tips?

@maryam852 Thank you for the advice!! I really appreciate it, I think that’s what I am going to do. Every time I serve, I’m trying to ask her at least one question to naturally get to know her better. Depending on how she responds, I will then proceed to give her my number :) Making sure that she knows it’s from me - no.1 tip right there :)
  • jorgejorge Posts: 11 Settling in
    Hi @Rose124

I would keep trying to get to know her better and after you feel comfortable enough maybe asking her if she would like to go out for a coffee sometime since she is really cool and interesting. I really like that idea with the receipt but just make sure you include your name.

• Rose124Rose124 Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
    Hi @jorge.

That’s a really good idea, thank you!! I will definitely do that. I will get to know her better first, and then hopefully in a few weeks time, I will ask her if she would want to get coffee sometime and I will leave my name and number on a receipt for her.

Thank you all for all your advice and help :)

• SirArchibaldSirArchibald Posts: 75 Budding Regular
    HI @Rose124 I think this is really wholesome and sweet. Like a start to a movie. I do agree with the others. You should get to know her better, but you are limited in how much you see her. Maybe say to her how much you enjoy your conversations when you see her and see how she reacts, then if she reacts well you could give her your number and say you'd like to talk more. Then you would be able to talk to her outside of your work.
  • FriendlyneighbourFriendlyneighbour Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Rose124 ,

It's lovely that you feel a connection to this customer.
    Maybe not what you want to hear but my perspective on the situation is a bit different.

You currently know the customer through work and so I would suggest it's best to keep it professional and I worry putting your number on the receipt could be seen as inappropriate, depending on how strict your workplace is.

I would say keep getting to know her better when you serve her and I think that's a lovely idea to ask her a question every time you serve her to get to discover more about her. But I would advise that that's the furthest you go and if she feels the connection too, she can always give you her number or ask you out.