Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I really need to stay awake.

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I never know that I would end up like this. My essay is killing me. Still have 1100 words to go and I really need to stay awake. A lot is going on. Tomorrow is another busy day. I cannot miss appointments and deadlines. I need to be forced to travel. I am really tired of life. I feel like my body is failing me as well. Nothing is going to be okay. I don't even have time for a helpline. I hope the crisis team will not give me false hope.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• Options
    maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @Kate_20 I think it is important to take a step back. I understand how stressful essays can be and the trick is to pace yourself. Try not to do it all at once, you will feel burnt out. Why don't you assign different days for different tasks e.g Monday=planning and intro. You seem really low and it may be worth talking to someone about it, it can help get your mind off things. Do you think it is a good idea to talk to your teacher and explain your situation to them?
  • Options
    maryam852 wrote: »
    @Kate_20 I think it is important to take a step back. I understand how stressful essays can be and the trick is to pace yourself. Try not to do it all at once, you will feel burnt out. Why don't you assign different days for different tasks e.g Monday=planning and intro. You seem really low and it may be worth talking to someone about it, it can help get your mind off things. Do you think it is a good idea to talk to your teacher and explain your situation to them?
    @maryam852 I have to do it. The deadline is really near. Still 300 words to go.
  • Options
    @Kate_20 Ok, that is ok, calm down and try and do 100 words today. I am proud that you have got some of it done, keep going!
  • Options
    maryam852 wrote: »
    @Kate_20 Ok, that is ok, calm down and try and do 100 words today. I am proud that you have got some of it done, keep going!

@maryam852 Already handed in :(
  • Options
    SirArchibaldSirArchibald Posts: 75 Budding Regular
    Hi @Kate_20
    I am sorry that you’ve been so stressed lately. I recently finished uni and I have also struggled with rushing to meet deadlines. I can imagine that you may feel stretched thin and exhausted trying to do everything that you need to. Something that you could do that I found really helpful is reaching out to someone in your uni, like a student support officer or a lecturer. Often there are many systems in place that universities have to support students, especially currently as covid has put a lot of additional stress on people. If you reach out to someone I’m sure they can offer you help or direct you to something that could help. There may even be an option for you to take sometime off or have extensions added on to your deadlines. Which could help relieve some stress and give you more time.
    It can be scary to reach out, but 99.999% of the time it will benefit you, so its definitely worth a try.
  • Options
    @Kate_20 Well done! I am so proud of you, genuinely so proud!
  • Options
    Hi @Kate_20
    I am sorry that you’ve been so stressed lately. I recently finished uni and I have also struggled with rushing to meet deadlines. I can imagine that you may feel stretched thin and exhausted trying to do everything that you need to. Something that you could do that I found really helpful is reaching out to someone in your uni, like a student support officer or a lecturer. Often there are many systems in place that universities have to support students, especially currently as covid has put a lot of additional stress on people. If you reach out to someone I’m sure they can offer you help or direct you to something that could help. There may even be an option for you to take sometime off or have extensions added on to your deadlines. Which could help relieve some stress and give you more time.
    It can be scary to reach out, but 99.999% of the time it will benefit you, so its definitely worth a try.

@SirArchibald It finally worked out thanks so much I thought it would never work out
  • Options
    SirArchibaldSirArchibald Posts: 75 Budding Regular
    Hi @Kate_20 , I am so pleased that it worked out for you. It is always so nice when things go well! All you hard work paid off. If you don't mind me were you able to get some support from you school?
  • Options
    Hi @Kate_20 , I am so pleased that it worked out for you. It is always so nice when things go well! All you hard work paid off. If you don't mind me were you able to get some support from you school?

@SirArchibald There is no more support from the uni. It is towards the end.
  • Options
    adamscott0719adamscott0719 Posts: 4 Newbie
    at such moments, it is really important to step back, exhale, give yourself at least a few hours to rest and turn your attention to something else. You can play sports or make pancakes. It helps me not to panic and write a work if the deadlines are very close