Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Self harm free :()

KHI1886kKHI1886k Deactivated Posts: 136 The Mix Convert
edited September 2021 in Health & Wellbeing
Today is one of those down day's where I sleep all day and cry but also I am a month from self harming I am so proud! but also I am feeling happy but the other side is down and gloomy? and ideas on why I feel like this?
Khia

Comments

• emilypigemilypig Posts: 11 Settling in
    @KHI1886k
    Hi Khia :) Congratulations on your month free of self harm! I'm not entirely sure what your situation is, but please remember to be kind to yourself. Sometimes recovering or 'getting better' after going through something tough doesn't feel as simple as it sounds! It's completely normal to have days where you feel down and sad, but you have come so far and should be so proud! What has been getting you through these times where you're feeling sad?
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Congratulations on one month free from self harm. That is incredible and I am so very proud of you! :heart:

I would love to echo everything @emilypig has said. Recovery often comes with ups and downs, good days and bad days, and even feeling conflicting emotions all at once. The fact you are speaking out about these emotions just shows how strong you really are :blush:

Sometimes when I feel mixed emotions I like to write them down. That way I can work through how I am feeling and spot if there is anything making me feel that way. How do you think journalling would be for you? :heart:
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 111 The Mix Convert
    Hi @KHI1886k

Congratulation for one month without self harm, you need to be very proud of yourself and your personal achievement and also I'm very proud of you because I know it must be really hard and you have been so brave by explain your feelings and emotion.

It is completely normal to feel low from time to time, we just need to trust the process and be optimistic for the future.

Cosmo.

• emilia_eemilia_e Posts: 16 Settling in
    Wow we are all so proud of you progress, it is completely natural to feel down and gloomy but I promise you it does get easier. We are all here for you if yo ever need a chat. Insight timer is also a useful app I have found with guided mediation on any mood you are feeling it has helped me a lot in the past
  • laviniavdlaviniavd Posts: 12 Settling in
    Firstly I want to let you know I'm so proud of you for being clean for a month! That's an mazing achievement and I hope you can see what a good thing this is.
    SH can be an escape for some people alongside a coping method; its something that releases endorphins as a natural pain-relief. Because you're coping with everyday life without this it would make sense that things may feel more difficult or that you'd still feel down even if you feel no need to SH; this is completely normal and understandable. I think its important to let yourself know its okay and normal to still feel down and maybe you could utilise this to involve yourself with a more beneficial coping method such as putting your emotions into something creative and if that's not you're thing that's okay! I would be more than happy to inform you of other options if you'd like?