Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Self isolation friends! 🙈

_AJ__AJ_ Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
Hi guys!
Someone in my household has Covid so I’m self isolating and bored. Would be lovely to get a thread going for anyone in a similar position to have a chat and come up with some fun things to do while stuck inside for 10 days!
AJ x

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Hiya, not self isolating myself but just wanted to say hello so you know you aren’t alone. As for things to do maybe download a few books on your phone and get lost in one or you could start binge watching one of those shows that has hundreds of episodes <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    naominaomi Posts: 94 Budding Regular
    Hey! I would agree binging a good serious that is kinda long or finding new stories. I am also OBSESSED with this game called the water sort puzzle and would recommend playing it however it can get a bit frustrating at times :'(. If you yourself are not ill I would also recommend finding ways to keep moving even if it isn't exercise. I was watching a youtube video where the youtuber mentioned this thing called NEAT which is non-exercise activity thermogenesis. This is basically movement that isn't related to eating, sleeping or exercising for example fidgeting or walking around your room every half hour.
  • Options
    _AJ__AJ_ Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    @independent_ @naomi
    Thanks! Just started a new tv show (only 30 episodes but that will do me a few days lol!)
    Ooh not heard of the water sort game, I’ll have a look! And yes trying to keep moving. Unfortunately I am unwell and disabled to start with but just doing some gentle exercise is good!
    Aj x
  • Options
    KalekaAKalekaA Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
    Hello @_AJ_

I have been watching a show called designated survivor on Netflix. A good scary one has been black summer, if you like zombie shows. On Netflix you can also change the languages and keep English subtitles. For example, some shows like Money Heist have the option to listen in Hindi. This can be useful to brush up on a language you may not have been able to use in a while or learn some phrases in an entirely new one as it is in a natural setting and not a boring textbook.