Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FOOD FOOD FOOD

MichelleDMichelleD Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
Hey,
I don’t know why but this has been a thing I have been thinking about for years and I just want to get it off my chest. I love food! I think everyone does or I hope so otherwise you wouldn’t be hear reading my rambling. I have been trying to limit my snacking on unhealthy food e.g crisps, sweets and pastries so I have been doing this by simply not buying them and having them around the house. it’s literally been three days and i am literally feeling so moody and restless. You know the saying sugar is an addiction, I generally think I have an addiction to food and I am in the phase where my body is rejecting this change. It will be like after dinner I would feel physically full but my brain is telling me to go for dessert. Majority of the time I don’t even enjoy it but it’s the fact that I am eating. I came to the conclusion that I will not and will never be satisfied because it’s not like I will go on a rampage and eat everything insight, thankfully I have some sort of self control. Thank goodness. These are just some of my thoughts so don’t take these too seriously. If you want to ramble about food with me, just go ahead :)

Comments

• Options
    AnnieDPAnnieDP Posts: 22 Boards Initiate
    Hey @MichelleD, thank you for opening up about this as I think a lot of people will be able to relate to having these kinds of experiences! I'm currently on a very low fat diet whilst awaiting gallbladder removal surgery, so I totally empathise with that feeling of restlessness when the cravings come, it can be so frustrating. Your self control means enjoying things in moderation is very much possible for you (if you want to continue eating less of certain foods) as opposed to just cutting things out altogether, as we all deserve to enjoy our treats! I hope you're doing well, take care :)
  • Options
    MichelleDMichelleD Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    Thanks @AnnieDP. What are some of your favourite foods? Mine definitely has to been ramen and dumplings.
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Oh goodness, I'm the same with food! :joy:
    Recently learning that the food that I eat correlates a lot with my mood swings so I'm trying to cut down the amount of unhealthy food I eat.

Ohh, ramen sounds like heaven right now. :joy:
  • Options
    kimberley1907kimberley1907 Posts: 84 Budding Regular
    When I moved away to university, I was in control of what I was eating and buying, so it was easier for me to not have those kind of unhealthy foods around. And I did really struggle. Since I was on my own too, I did kind of think of food all the time as well and I really struggled. I think trying to find meals and food that I really enjoyed were really helpful to me. Being able to eat what I wanted, and give into certain cravings was super helpful. But I completely get what you mean about struggling still. I find nights really difficult, as I wanted to eat all the time at night too. Being at home right now has been super difficult for me.

(Also, ramen is also one of my favourites foods, I just had some for lunch rn. What's your favourite flavour?)