Home Health & Wellbeing
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Mosquito bites

_Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Keep being you<3Posts: 1,369 Wise Owl
edited July 2021 in Health & Wellbeing
Hi guys today I just got bit twice from a mosquito and it really itches has anyone got any advice to stop it itching and turning into an infection because I don’t want it to turn into an infection:(
lovemimoon

Comments

• independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandCommunity Champion Posts: 7,913 Legendary Poster
    Best thing for the itching is an antihistamine and/or some antihistamine cream. Not sure about infection but keeping it clean is likely to be important.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    lovemimoon_Tech_Addict_Girl
  • LorryTruckLorryTruck Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandCommunity Champion Posts: 2,449 Boards Champion
    Hey @_Tech_Addict_Girl

I've attached this link:
    https://www.purpleturtle.co.uk/product/after-bite-ammonia-treatment-127/
    flmkq9rog0o3.png

There are some repellents you can put on your skin to stop them biting you in the first place as well.

It's much easier to say "My tooth is aching" 
    than to say "My heart is broken"
    _Tech_Addict_Girl
  • kimberley1907kimberley1907 Posts: 86 Budding Regular
    Hi @_Tech_Addict_Girl
    I also find that ice, or anything cold from the freezer like peas, also helps with bites too. If I remember it tries to bring the poison to the surface. It also works good if you've been scratching it quite a bit too.

Hope this helps
    _Tech_Addict_Girl
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Keep being you<3 Posts: 1,369 Wise Owl
    Thankyou guys :)