Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

coping with headstuff

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,962 Community Veteran
how do u cope with auditory and visual hallucinations and how do they come on. is it automatic. ppl who i confide in say 'oh stop!!!'
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000

Sorry to hear you are struggling with hallucinations. Have you spoken to a professional about these?

Sorry to hear that when you confide in them they aren't very supportive. We are here for you :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    OliOli Posts: 120 The Mix Convert
    Hey there, @ellie2000 :)

I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling with hallucinations. That must be really challenging.

Just to echo what @Stephanie has already said — we are here for you <3
  • Options
    i successful got mind on board, wats a triage?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    OliOli Posts: 120 The Mix Convert
    Hey, @ellie2000. Triage is the process of assessing patients and their needs, so they can assign you the correct level of care :) I hope that makes sense.
  • Options
    gracejeff20gracejeff20 Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    Hi @ellie2000 . I'm Grace.

Hallucinations can be a frightening experience, I am sorry you are going through this. I suggest that you make a doctor's appointment to discuss this with your GP, in order to find a way to help you. The treatment will vary depending on what the underlying cause of your hallucinations are, which the doctor will help you figure out.

As for the people you have confided in, they most likely don't understand how real and scary hallucinations can be. Perhaps, talk to one person you really trust, and educate them a little on hallucinations. It is important to have someone you trust whilst you are experiencing these hallucinations, as they may make you feel nervous or anxious.

The earlier you seek treatment, the better!

For now, try your best to understand what is triggering your hallucinations. Keeping a diary may help, and keep track of exactly what you are seeing and hearing. If you are comfortable to do so, you can share with us what you have been hearing and seeing, this could help you to be less afraid when the hallucinations occur.

Check out the Hearing Voices Network, an online organisation providing information of hallucinations and where people share their personal experiences of visual and auditory hallucinations.

All the best.

Grace :)
  • Options
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    i hear insults, which really put me down. i see harmful msgs in the group chats, tht were on a msging service occasionally wen i look at my screen, and im scared tht i mite hav fireworks coming towards me
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    like i did every 4th 5th, 6th november
    Crazy mad insane