Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

getting kicked out at 16

downtherabbitholedowntherabbithole Posts: 32 Boards Initiate
I wont have the right to live at home soon. Can someone tell me if social work will give me a place to live and what that process looks like, for anyone who's been in this situation before. Will I have to pay if I don't have a job? Is the accomodation something that social services pay for?

Really scared and confused.


  • Options
    downtherabbitholedowntherabbithole Posts: 32 Boards Initiate
    I didn't realise you'd commented but I appreciate it and will check out those links
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    It really depends on your local area if social work will take you in. You might be able to get supported living but that's usually only for care leavers. Worth reaching out to your local SW department and seeing what they can help you with.

    Otherwise as Aidan mentioned, shelter are brilliant and you'll be classed as priority.

    If you're at uni or college as well they may be able to offer you year round accomodation. If you're still at school I'd definitely speak to a teacher who can give you more specialised resources for your area.

    Also you can call Childline who will be able to provide you with more specific information if you're happy to tell them where you're located.

    I was in care from 14+ and my local area was hesitant to take me in but times have changed since then and all areas are different.

    If you need a chat feel free to drop me a pm, good luck :)
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
  • Options
    Rose124Rose124 Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
    Hi @downtherabbithole

    I realise that I’m very late in responding to your post, so I hope that you are safe and are doing well ❤️

    There’s this website called Runaway helpline, and they are open 24/7 are free and confidential and you don’t have to tell them your name or anything about yourself, unless you want too of course and they have a webchat which is open 24/7 and are free to message, and you can talk to a trained volunteer about leaving home, and any concerns or queries about that and they should be able to help you.

    I hope this helps at all. Wishing you the best, sending you lots of virtual hugs your way.

Sign In or Register to comment.