Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

don't know where to turn

sailingswallowssailingswallows Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
I'm really struggling with everything that is happening. I'm struggling to deal with having to deal with being on a liquid diet. I'm struggling to deal with all my physical health stuff.

I'm really badly struggling with my mental health and I have exhausted all options to get help. I have been waiting since April to get assessed by AMHS, and they don't want to assess more for another few months. I have talked to the GP twice and they where just like I will try but I don't think anything will happen and AMHS probably wont be able to help because CAMHS couldn't. I am trying to write a complaint letter but they haven't got back to me. I have tried crisis lines. A&E is no an option due to past experiences.

I don't know what to do. I am exhausted. this is going to end badly, if it continues like this for any longer.

Comments

• Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @sailingswallows Big hugs x
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @sailingswallows

Just wanted to check in and offer you some hugs, we're all here for you :heart:

It sounds like you are dealing with a lot of things at the minute, it's so brave of you to share those with us here. We care about you.

Do you want to talk more about things?

Did you know The Mix offer a chat service, where you can chat in real time with others and get some peer to peer support too. :heart:

https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat

You don't have to go through this alone :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AbbyOwlAbbyOwl Posts: 125 The Mix Convert
    Hi @sailingswallows

Sorry to hear that you're having to wait so long to access support. I know that having physical health issues on top can make everything harder to cope with and manage, so sending big virtual hugs <3

I know you've said you've exhausted all the other options - just wondering whether you've accessed the Mix team themselves? And you can always come on here to talk to us if you just need someone to talk to/listen - no judgement here

It is an exhausting process, and although it doesn't feel like it at the moment, things will get better - maybe not overnight, but you will get through the other side and see how strong you are for having to manage with everything <3 x
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hey! I'm so sorry you're going through a really difficult time. <3

Sending really big hugs here. <3<3

Getting help can be a really exhausting process, especially with the pandemic going on. Sometimes, when you you've exhausted all your options, you can always come here and talk to us. Let it out. Rant! Vent it out! Talk to us.

It may not seem like much but it goes a long way. <3

I hope things are okay. How are you feeling?
  • Options
    Rose124Rose124 Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
    Hi sailingswallows

First of all I just want to remind you that even though you may feel like it, you are definitely not alone in this fight, as I am here to help support you.

It sounds like you've been having a really difficult time recently with being denied access to help from counselling and therapy services, and with being put on a long waiting list to be able to receive help from AMHS. First of all, I say don't give up hope just yet, and I will tell you why. I don't normally post things about myself on here, but I will share this information with you - i tried to receive help from CAMHS, but they said I wasn't eligible for help so i tried another counselling service which was local to my area, and fortunately I was able to receive the right help and care that I needed during that particular time. So, please don't give up hope on not being able to receive help from AMHS just yet.

One option that you could explore in the meantime, is calling up the Samaritans? As it is a free anonymous service to use whenever you're feeling like life is getting too hard to handle, or you just need someone to vent or rant too. As i know that someone on the other end of the phone will be there to help support and listen to you no matter what you're going through. I know, that it really helped me knowing that there was someone to help support and listen to me, no matter what i was going through and no matter the time of day either.

They also have a free email service, that you may prefer to use instead.

Hope this helps.

Always here for you.
  • Options
    I have spoken to Samaritans. I have spoken to mix. I have spoken to my social worker.
    I will find out when I am speaking to the psychologist tomorrow but it might be 28 or 29/06. And I am having the first appointment with the CPN on the 6/07. and then the main assessment on the 23/08. No clue how I am going to surive until that point but at least I have more of an idea about whats happening.

I am really struggling to cope with my physical stuff.
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hey @sailingswallows

That's really good news! I know it may seems far now but I hope that it alleviates your worries. <3

How are you doing physically if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    Rose124Rose124 Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
    That's amazing news!! I'm really glad to hear that you will be able to speak to the psychologist soon. Every day is one step closer :)

I am really sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking, can you elaborate a little more on what you mean when you say that you are really struggling to cope with your physical stuff?

Always here for you and wishing you the best.
  • Options
    jazcharlottejazcharlotte Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    Just checking in @sailingswallows <3 did you manage to see the psychologist, if so did you find it helpful? It’s a great step you have taken in helping yourself and you should be proud 🥰
    If you feel you can, could you elaborate on what you mean by “physical stuff”, as I understand you are struggling with this and if you tell us a little more we might be able to help give you advice ☺️
    Lots of hugs,
    Jaz
  • Options
    like i have a lot of complex health issues. and its a lot of waiting on professionals. I am also dealing with a number of new things like being on a liquid diet ect. its making me really anxious about food and what happening with my gut.
    and trying to sort a wheelchair that works for me out.
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @sailingswallows it sounds like things are really tough and full on right now, just wanted to send you some love.

Do you have a supportive GP that you feel you might be able to talk to about the health issues, particularly if they are making you anxious?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    hi @Lucy307
    My GP has been good with the physicals stuff but hasn't really got the mental health stuff.