Home Sex & Relationships
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Long-distance relationships.

AniaraAniara Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
Hello. I haven't visited this website in a while, but I have recently come across something and want some advice.

Recently, I met a girl online, who has since become romantically attracted to me. We are relatively close - in terms of how well we've come to know eachother, at least. Physically, we are far apart, I am from the UK and she is from elsewhere. A separate country; separate continent, even.

Of course, this means we will be unable to see each other most of the time. She claims she would be able to come over for two weeks every two months. However, outside of these visits, we would be vastly separated.

I have never been in a relationship before, or have any experience with this kind of thing at all. I have heavy doubts it could work either way if it came down to that. However, in the rare event we were to become this close, how likely would the long distance between us negatively affect our theoretical relationship?

I'm 19 and she's 18, in case this information will be of any use.
Tagged:
lovemimoon

Comments

• independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 6,358 Master Poster
    My partner and I are similar ages to you, he lives in England and I live in Scotland, so a bit different and the distance is probably much closer than yours, but I can understand how it feels.

It could very well work - as a success story, myself and my partner have been together for over 3 years. You really have to have good communication with each other, you have to be able to be honest with each other and talk through everything. That’s what’s helped me.

I find talking about the really boring details of your days helps too, it’s almost like you’re keeping your partner a part of your life even though they aren’t there with you physically.

I think it’s one of those things where you don’t know if it will work for you and your relationship until you give it a go. I had the same doubts as you, that’s very common and natural. But in the early days just enjoy it and enjoy the closeness <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    lovemimoon