Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

same town

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
if something hpns yrs ago tht makes u sad, in the town ur living in, ive had countless number of therapist, would moving to another town make me think of not getting therapy and the feelings go?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi Ellie,

It's difficult to know for sure, so I can't give a definite answer. However, moving away can bring a great fresh start for people, as they are no longer surrounded by reminders of their experience. So it's a good thing to consider if you think this could help you :smile:

Do remember, everyone reacts to things in different ways and there is no one right way to feel. So, hypothetically, if you moved away and it helped the difficult feelings, then great. If you moved away and it didn't help them, that's okay too - just gotta find what works for you :blush::heart:
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    is there an end without justice hpning, how do perpetrators get on with their lives while u r struggling, do they think about wat they've done, they deserve to b put on a rack until their limbs come out of sockets
    Crazy mad insane
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Good questions Ellie. I think there can be an end to things without justice happening, but it’s very hard and takes time and energy. It’s horrible that perpetrators can just get on with their lives - like you, I kind of hope they have mental torture by thinking about what they have done, but I don’t know whether they do. Sending hugs
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    I dna why but i had a go at them on facebook acouple of times and tht got the police involved the police took their side and threatened to put me in a cell if i didnt stop, but 1 officer took time n listen, he told me tht it add to the trauma if it went further
    Crazy mad insane
  • Mumucookie02Mumucookie02 Posts: 12 Settling in
    Hi! I think I've moved away to resolve issues but the simplest way to put it is that the feelings and emotions reside within you so although moving may help change the environment, it may not always necessarily help to move away while avoiding professional help. It's difficult to say for sure because it's definitely a personal decision but I found that some of my deeper issues required therapy. I hope that helps!