Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

My Mom says she don’t like going out

Hi guys so it’s been a long time since I posted a discussion so Hii I’m back posting.
So there is something I wanted to talk about because it’s been on my mind quite a lot now so for 17 years I’ve been in the house like I’ve been coming back from school/6th form and coming back home and I’m always bored out of my mind because I’ve got nothing to do and my mom apparently says she don’t like going out even tho she’s been going to her friends houses. I have a disability which is called cerbal parlsy I’m a wheelchair user so I can’t just go and walk to my friends or to the park. So it’s not very fair I don’t think because my mom goes to her friends houses but she can’t be bothered to drop me places like my friends houses etc.
It really stresses me out because I’m so bored I can’t go out like normal people because my mom said she don’t like going out so I’m stuck inside after 6th form because of her it’s really boring 🥺
Tagged:

Comments

• BenMaBenMa Moderator, Staff Posts: 143 Helping Hand
    Hi @_Tech_Addict_Girl

Welcome back to posting :blush:

That sounds so difficult, and I definitely see how what seem like 'double standards' are unfair on you.

I hear you'd really like to spend time with your friends outside of school hours. Are you able to stay connected through tech - social media for example?

I'm also wondering if you've ever felt able to mention any of this to your mum? I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and feelings with us, as I can hear how stressed this situation has made you feel.

Hugs,

Ben
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Hi @BenMa Thankyou for the reply :) yes that is very annoying for me I talk to her about it but she just don’t take me places where I want to go.
    Yes I have friends on social media
    Alina ❤️