Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Exciting News- Reaction Redesign

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
edited May 2021 in General Chat
Hello Mixlorians! :)

There is some exciting news that I would like to share with everyone. As you can tell by the title, it is about a redesign of the reactions that we currently have on the discussion boards.

The community champions have been working hard behind the scenes in our secret forum area with @TheMix to review the current reactions that we have. Currently, the reactions that we have are Insightful, Agree, Thank You and Hugs.

We have been reviewing these reactions and have decided to trial the use of 2 new reactions. These reactions are *drumroll* Well done and Lol.At the moment these are just going to be used as a trial so we can review how the use of these reactions are and we can work with @TheMix to make any changes that are needed.

Sometimes it can be confusing knowing when to use what reaction in case other users think that it is being used in a passive-aggressive way or that it is not appropriate for something. Currently each user can only use 1 reaction per post and unfortuantely this is not something that is going to be changed with the reaction redesign.

An example of a time when it would be a good idea to use the Well Done reaction would be if someone has said something that you are feeling proud of that deserves recognition but you are unsure of whether you should use Insightful or Thank You. This can help the user to recognise that they are appreciated and that what they have said is helpful.

An example of a time when it would be a good idea to use the Lol reaction would be if someone has posted a meme or a dad joke or something that makes you smile and laugh. This is a reaction that should be used carefully and not abused because sometimes people might feel intimidated if someone has used Lol for something they have said particularly if it is support based so this is something that can be monitored and changed if needed.

These new reactions will be switched on very soon so please watch out for them. :) I am going to share some screenshots of what the reactions are going to look like as a preview. *excited face*

Please feel free to share what you think of these new reactions as feedback can help with improvements. If there are any questions about this please feel free to ask here or PM @TheMix
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    1lu5wil9ikbv.jpg
    jxzvn5stdwb1.jpg
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks @Dancer, and all the Community Champions for working hard on this. :)

We've switched on the new reactions. Matching sets of badges will be coming soon too.

As mentioned in the post, if you have any feedback or questions, feel free to either comment below, PM @TheMix or fill out the feedback form: https://bit.ly/TheMixCommunityFeedback
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.