Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Relationship broken beyond repair but I have to be in a meeting with them

sailingswallowssailingswallows Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
The relationship with the clinical psychologist has broken beyond repair, so much so I couldn't be in a meeting a few weeks ago because I had a meltdown just thinking about being in a meeting with this person. I now have an even bigger meetings (well two into one) next week that I am also freaking out about because they will be in both and I don't know what to do. they are majorly triggering.
Help!

Comments

• lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Is it a 1-to-1 meeting or will there be multiple people??
  • sailingswallowssailingswallows Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
    @lovemimoon its a big meeting with lots of people, I would refuse if it was a 1-1 meeting.
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    If there are multiple people participating then that's a good thing. This means that the clinical psychologist won't be the main focus.

Sounds like this meeting's very important! Just remember why you're attending this meeting. You're there for yourself. You have a goal in mind and you intend to achieve it, no matter what. <3
    I'm not sure the exact relationship you have with the clinical psychologist but if you are no longer in contact with her/him/them, then they have no effect on you. They have no hold on you. Just another stranger going by.
  • sailingswallowssailingswallows Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
    @lovemimoon
    They will be a large focus for one part of the meeting which sucks, but I could only attend part of it.
    thank you.