Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Therapy

Hey guys so I posted about a referral I had from the doctor a few weeks ago about my mental health and they phoned for a assessment and she said I’m better off doing therapy CBT and I said ok so she put me on the list for a therapist.
I had one but I couldn’t understand the lady so after I come of the phone I emailed the lady that done the first appointment and said I couldn’t understand her voice and then she said what if you email her and say you couldn’t understand and ask her if she can repeat it in a email but I said that will be to much of a hassle then she said it won’t therapist are allowed to do that but I said to her i would rather go on the waiting list again she said that is ok so I was on the waiting list and I’m surprised because it never took that long to get another therapist because I had a email today saying is it ok if you have a male therapist and I said that’s no problem so really I went back on the waiting list for not long because I had a email today from another one.
Has anyone got any tips for therapy sessions I would really appreciate it❤️
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Gemma1Gemma1 Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Emoji246
    That's great you've managed to get a therapist so quickly and haven't been waiting long for some support.

It may sound simple but I would recommend being patient with it as is often difficult to connect with and feel uncomfortable, especially at the start. I'm wondering if this is the first therapy sessions you've had?

Let us know how it goes and how you feel about it, we're all here for you.
  • Options
    chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Hi @Emoji246 :)

It sounds like you've had a frustrating time of it - it's encouraging to hear that you might be getting another therapist soon!

As for tips, there are a lot of ways to make the most of therapy. I've been seeing a therapist for just over two years now, and one of the things that really helped me in the beginning was deciding what I wanted to achieve: you don't have to go in with an action plan or a set of tasks to tick off but it helps to have a general idea what you want to work on first. Your therapist will absolutely help you set good, achievable goals. There's a really helpful post here that goes in depth about getting the most out of therapy and what to do when certain questions crop up.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @Gemma ❤️Thankyouu for taking the time to write on my post and responding to your question this will be the first therapy session for me the one I was talking about in my post was a assessment
    @chubbydumpling ❤️Thankyou as well for talking the time to write on my post.
    They sound like some great tips to think about I will definitely use.
    Thankyou again