Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The power of radio!

coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
Hiiii guys, 

Just wanted to share a little well-being tip! I'm a uni student and currently uni is all online. This can feel quite lonely - I'm definitely missing my study dates and library sessions with friends! 

However, I have started listening to the radio while doing my work and it honestly helps me a tonne. I listen to radio 1, and not only is there good music, but they also do a bunch of interactive features with people calling in, and sharing people's funny stories and confessions etc. Because of this, it means you get to hear so many different people's voices and learn about different people's lives and even just what's happening with their day. For me, this makes me feel so much more connected to the world and I just love it! 

Just thought I would share incase anybody else was feeling lonely and might like to give it a try :smile:

Comments

• Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @coc0mac Big hugs I love this ❤️🥰
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,499 Skive's The Limit
    coc0mac said:
    Hiiii guys, 

Just wanted to share a little well-being tip! I'm a uni student and currently uni is all online. This can feel quite lonely - I'm definitely missing my study dates and library sessions with friends! 

However, I have started listening to the radio while doing my work and it honestly helps me a tonne. I listen to radio 1, and not only is there good music, but they also do a bunch of interactive features with people calling in, and sharing people's funny stories and confessions etc. Because of this, it means you get to hear so many different people's voices and learn about different people's lives and even just what's happening with their day. For me, this makes me feel so much more connected to the world and I just love it! 

Just thought I would share incase anybody else was feeling lonely and might like to give it a try :smile:
    That is really Good point of making feel more connected to the world. I used to listen to radio. I think I should go back to listening to it
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Thank you! Yeah deffo worth a try going back to it, it's a lot of fun! :heart:
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,794 Master Poster
    Sometimes I like to listen to the radio to help me focus whether it is at school or at home if I need to finish some revision or an assignment. It is amazing and I reccomend listening to Magic Radio. If you want to listen to it you need to tune into 105.4
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    That's a brilliant idea to help you focus! Oooh magic radio sounds fab, I will definitely tune in and listen. Thank you so much for the recommendation @Dancer! :heart:
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,794 Master Poster
    The radio also helps me to get to sleep. Usually I would spend about an hour every night tossing and turning but now it only takes me about 20 minutes to fall asleep.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    That's great @Dancer ! I've never thought of listening to the radio to get to sleep, but that's something I'd like to try for sure :smile: