Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Today's thoughts.

WillowWillow Posts: 59 Boards Initiate
Does anyone else do this?
When your really depressed but there are people around you like in the house or same room, so u can't show ur feelings or react in manic way so you just lay there and imagine in your head that your screaming or tearing a room apart and just breakdown in your mind. 

Or is this just me? 

Comments

• _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Sometimes I feel like that too your not alone in this sending big hugs ❤️
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @Willow

Sounds like things are tough for you right now, so I firstly wanted to send some big hugs your way. As Emoji says, you truly are not alone :heart:

I'm wondering, do you find this imagination technique is helpful for you? :heart: 

• WillowWillow Posts: 59 Boards Initiate
    I don't particularly find it helpful as I not been able to fully express my feelings out loud it just bottled inside my head still. But I find when I am upset and I can't express myself there and then to visualise it so I can atleast understand what feeling I am going through. I just play out the scenario in my head of what could happen 
  • JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular
    Want to echo the support from @Emoji246 & @coc0mac and say again you're not alone 🤍

Who are the people in the house that you don't feel able to express yourself to @Willow ? Was wondering as well, do you have a journal that you could write some of your thoughts + feelings in?
    Hello @JamJar

I live with my mum and two brothers and I can't talk to them. I used to be fairly open with my mum but found in the last year or so that I am not a concern of hers.

I do have a journal that I started writing in everyday back in October 2-3 weeks after my 5 year relationship ended. And I kept it going for over a month but things started getting really bad and I couldn't think what to write and didn't want it to be repetitive so I just write in it when I am super depressed or super happy
  • JamJarJamJar Posts: 274 The Mix Regular
    Was wondering whether things have got any easier in the house the past week or so @Willow , would you be able to talk to one of your brothers or is that not really appropriate?

I'm really sorry to hear your 5 year relationship ended back in October that's rough :( how have things been since the breakup?
    It is tolerable to an extent. I am in the process of trying to move out but all the estate agents aren't helping at all. Been looking for 2 months and haven't got anywhere with it. Me and my brothers aren't very emotional close with one another we don't talk about it at all.

It was very rough to begin with however he made it very easy to move on as he got very rude and horrid afterwards. Since then I been seeing someone who I really like and I think it is going well so 🤞. But I am restricted cause of covid and my mother who is incredibly Conservative and likes to interrogate me whenever I leave the house. I can't go to the shops to buy snacks without being interrogated when I get home and I am 23!