Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

people are always horrible to me and i don’t know why

loloislazyloloislazy Posts: 14 Settling in
i use an app to talk to people who have similar interests to me and people are always so horrible to me. all i did was talk about a time i got banned for a little while for sending someone a photo of my body (clothed) to ask if i looked thinner and someone started attacking me because it was “triggering”. i understand that different people have different triggers but instead of attacking someone for talking about something you could just... idk... not talk to me? anyway this person spreads stuff about me to other social media and this is not the first time people from that app have done it. i can’t leave the app because i have close friends there who do not use other social media so what should i do? it feels like i’m hated by everyone on every social media even though i try to be nice to everyone, do you guys accept me here?
ꨄ 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 ꨄ
ꨄ 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐨 ꨄ

Comments

• Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    I'm sorry to hear that you're being treated like this @loloislazy it's never nice to have people act that way towards you. Hopefully things will blow over for you soon, people online tend to have pretty short memories about these things. If you're uncomfortable using that social media you might feel better if you took a little break for now and then rejoin when you're really missing your friends on there, that's what I tend to do when being on social media is upsetting me.

You're definitely welcome here, we try to be accepting and welcoming of everybody so I hope you feel comfortable here on the boards. <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @loloislazy

Sorry to hear you have been treated this way. I agree with @Riley, sometimes when a social media platform is getting us down stepping back is one of the very best things we can do. It doesn't have to be forever - just until you feel comfortable going back and feel confident that it will be a positive place. 

And of course, you are very welcome here! We are here for you :heart: