Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

scoliosis and cancer support (READ DISCLAIMER FIRST)

Kesh260807Kesh260807 Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
DISCLAIMER so as from the title i want to say its a suspion written on my diagnosis so i DON'T KNOW weather its cancer or not. thank you :)

so i have many curves but to make it short i have progressive scoliosis and suspeceted of having cancer i have an 80 degree curve but ive payed for treatmeant as my docs wont see me till a very long time. i told my freinds about this i was very worried as i alreadt have a chronic illness cauisng me to grow bengin tumours already i told my friends this they dont care i really need help and support. just emotional support will do as no one barelt cares but God at the moment.
Thank you
You are loved and you are amazing

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Hey,

I'm really sorry to hear about your health issues, it sounds like it's quite complicated but I'm really glad that you're having treatment, even though you're having to pay for it.

It's an awful shame that your friends aren't being as supportive as you'd like them to be. Have you been able to tell them that you haven't found their reactions to be helpful for you? It can be useful to have a good pal to talk with when you're going through so much.

We really care about you here. It's great to see you reaching out for some emotional support.

Keep talking, we're here for you.

<3
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Hey,

I'm really sorry to hear about your health issues, it sounds like it's quite complicated but I'm really glad that you're having treatment, even though you're having to pay for it.

It's an awful shame that your friends aren't being as supportive as you'd like them to be. Have you been able to tell them that you haven't found their reactions to be helpful for you? It can be useful to have a good pal to talk with when you're going through so much.

We really care about you here. It's great to see you reaching out for some emotional support.

<3
    hi 
    thank you for your ressponse liam i have tried many attempts before hand but none of thoose have worked but if you have any ideas please tell me if you can.
  • Options
    chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Hey there @Kesh260807

First of all, well done for reaching out for the emotional support you need here. It's awful that your friends aren't being very kind or sympathetic while you're going through such a scary time. I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues - dealing with chronic illnesses can be a really isolating experience that few people understand. I agree with @Liam about letting your friends know that their reactions aren't helpful. Perhaps they don't know what to say or how to make you feel better. If they continue to be dismissive, maybe there are other places you can seek support. Do you have family or other friends that you can talk to about this?

You've mentioned also that your doctor suspects cancer but that you haven't received a diagnosis yet. I really hope that isn't the case but if it is, there are lots of very good support services out there for cancer patients. I've received a cancer diagnosis myself and the scariest part for me was all the uncertainty. It sounds like you're experiencing that as well, especially since you've had to deal with long wait times and pay for private treatment. I really hope that you're now getting the medical care you need. 

We're all here to support you through this. Keep posting, and we'll keep listening. <3
  • Options
    Hey there @Kesh260807

First of all, well done for reaching out for the emotional support you need here. It's awful that your friends aren't being very kind or sympathetic while you're going through such a scary time. I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues - dealing with chronic illnesses can be a really isolating experience that few people understand. I agree with @Liam about letting your friends know that their reactions aren't helpful. Perhaps they don't know what to say or how to make you feel better. If they continue to be dismissive, maybe there are other places you can seek support. Do you have family or other friends that you can talk to about this?

You've mentioned also that your doctor suspects cancer but that you haven't received a diagnosis yet. I really hope that isn't the case but if it is, there are lots of very good support services out there for cancer patients. I've received a cancer diagnosis myself and the scariest part for me was all the uncertainty. It sounds like you're experiencing that as well, especially since you've had to deal with long wait times and pay for private treatment. I really hope that you're now getting the medical care you need. 

We're all here to support you through this. Keep posting, and we'll keep listening. <3
    hi o dont think that would wokr telling my freinds as it didnt before many other times thank you for replying it means so much as well as having someone to relate to makes me feel not alone thank you so much
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Hey,

<3
    hi @liam and @cubbydumpling

any advice for how to tell my freinds
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Hey,

So you could probably say something along the lines of...

"Hey ____ , 
    I just wanted to reach out to you because I'm having a hard time at the moment because _____ and _____.  I'm finding this really difficult to cope with alone and I was wondering whether you would be able to offer some emotional support during this challenging time. I understand that sometimes it's difficult to know what to say but sometimes just being there for me as a friend is enough"

You could even perhaps tell them what you'd find helpful or what you'd find not very helpful.

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey Diana. That’s some wonderful advice from Liam. I just wanted to say we all care about you and  we’re always here if you ever need anything, always happy to listen  sending lots of hugs your way  <3