Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I’m not ok.

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
My dad passed away on Friday :( 

I’m really not ok and I just don’t know how to get through this. I’m heartbroken 
" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hey @*BananaMonkey* I’m really sorry to hear this. Sending massive hugs your way <3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Sending huge hugs your way 💕 I'm sorry to hear this💕
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Thank you both of you :heart:

it all happened so quickly which I know is a blessing that he wasn’t suffering for long it’s just heartbreaking at the same time. 

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    It really is heartbreaking. Please make sure you’re looking after yourself, maybe take a bit of time off work if you’re able to do that and be kind to yourself <3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    @independent_  yeah I’ve taken about a week off work, just cause I’m not really sleeping either so I need to make sure I’m in a better headspace to go to work. 
    I’m really glad you’ve got the time off that’s great, lots of self care. And keep talking about it <3 
    Thank you :heart:
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Please take care of yourself <3
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Sending lots of hugs <3
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Sending huge hugs ❤️🥰
  • Oli123Oli123 Posts: 26 Boards Initiate
    I’m so sorry, that must be so incredibly hard. I don’t know what to say but I’m sorry and I’m sending you the biggest hugs 💛
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    edited January 2021
    Sending massive hugs your way <3 Take care of yourself and you will get through this. It’s okay to not feel okay right now, just take as long as you need <3
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
    Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing? 
    Sending hugs
    Thank you everyone.. :heart:

@GreenTea it’s not hit me and it feels like a dream 
    I think it’s natural for grief to take a while to hit you. It affects everyone differently.

Sending big hugs <3 
    We are here for you 💕
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I’m so sorry. Sending hugs x. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley