Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Doom and Gloom Everywhere

Brave3Brave3 Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
It seems like there is doom and gloom everywhere I turn. It's getting me down. I don't feel able to talk to any of my friends, as they are being affected by Covid (either having it themselves or dealing with loved ones with Covid). So they have so much to deal with and have no time to talk to me. I don't feel able to talk to my family, as they are busy with working or home-schooling and stressed out during the day. Everyone is so caught up in their own chaos, and I feel very lonely. Abandoned even. 
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @Brave3 Sending hugs if you ever need to talk pm me ❤️
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    All the virtual hugs! 
    Sounds very tough especially when everyone around has their own things.
    But you deserve support too!

I know you don't want to bug them but have you ever tried talking to them and seeing what they say? 

Alternatively there is lots of support available here including group chats which are back running from tonight :)

We're always here to listen! ❤️

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Brave3Brave3 Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
    edited January 2021
    @Laine I wasn't sure if it would be a good idea to tell them how I'm feeling. I feel lonely, but I don't want to sound like I should be the centre of the world, like some needy child wanting attention. Especially when they are going through such awful things themselves. The way I'm feeling feels silly compared to what they're physically dealing with. I don't know how to approach them and say how I feel in the middle of all this.
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey @Brave3

Welcome to The Mix community :heart:

It sounds very difficult for you at the minute, I just want to echo what has already been said, and let you know that we're here for you :smile:

How are you feeling today? 

Sending hugs :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Hello @Brave3

I'd like to echo Stephanie in saying welcome to The Mix community <3 You don't have to worry about sharing here - we're all here for you, to listen and support you through this. 

You're absolutely right that this is a difficult time for everyone, whether they themselves are being affected by Covid, caring for family who are, or dealing with loneliness during lockdown. It can be very easy to compare our problems to others' and worry that we might be taking away from their support if we share our feelings. But I promise that the way you feel is completely valid and you deserve support too. 

How have you been feeling today? Please keep posting in this thread if you'd like to share more :)
  • Brave3Brave3 Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
    Thank you so much for welcoming me to the community!  <3

I recognise that I've been comparing my own problems to others' and really invalidating my feelings. So, thank you for that reminder @chubbydumpling

I'm still having to convince myself that I, too, deserve support and my feelings are just as valid.

I journal everyday, so that helps, and I have written down what I would like to say - but I'm still struggling to approach others with my problems and express my feelings without feeling like I'm bothering them and without knowing know if I'll even receive the support & comfort I need from them.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    this pandemic shut down most of the mental health services wen ppl needed it the most, some ppl had c.s and i sometimes feel on the edge
    Crazy mad insane
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Hey again @Brave3 :)

It sounds like you're already taking some really positive steps by acknowledging your need for support and finding constructive ways to work through your feelings until you're more comfortable opening up to other people. Journaling is a wonderful idea! 

My advice for approaching others would be to just start small e.g. saying you've had a bad or stressful day or that you'd like to do something to destress at the end of the day whenever someone is available. I guarantee that your family and friends also need time and space to decompress so I'm sure they'd welcome it if you were to suggest setting aside some time, just to relax together.