Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

being drunk

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,968 Community Veteran
why do u go even more sad in ur msgs.
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    wen ur watsapping ppl, i learnt were the end of the william control album came from
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    I think it’s because alcohol is actually a depressant, so if you’re already feeling low before you get drunk it will probably make you feel worse. It gives you a buzz at first and you can feel great for a time but then it just makes everything worse. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    i thought i would feel btr. does therapy ongoes, will i evA hav a normal mind. ppl dont take u serios wen u tell them ur struggling. ptsd does last till u die?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @ellie2000, sorry to hear that you've been struggling. It's not uncommon that people feel worse initially when starting therapy especially as it makes you focus on the things that you've been trying to avoid. That being said if the people providing therapy are not meeting your needs please please please don't allow yourself to suffer. It's more than okay to ask to switch service providers so you can get the most out of sessions. 

Who's not been taking you seriously?that must be aweful to have your feelings invalidated like that, everybody deserves to be heard. 

Therapy gave me the tools live  life that wasn't so centered around my emotions and memories. And since finishing, I've been able to stay out of hospital for a few years now and self harm free for longer.Do I still struggle with periods of intense emotions? yes, but no where near the frequency and intensity that they were before.I wouldn't say that I'm cured, but I'm able to live a fairly normal life now where I co exist with my disorder. So much so that's I've been able to achieve one of my life goals which was to complete my degree. 

I can't speak on behalf of other people but what I can say is that the right mental health team, suitable therapy and the willingness to get better.

Hope this helped 😊
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000

Just wanted to check in to see how you are feeling? :heart:

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    sh*t :) on a normal day
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    I'm sorry that you're hurting so much @ellie2000 , i'm sending hugs your way.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    playing nightwish  on keyboard makes me happy wen im sad
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hi Ellie it’s good that you have something to make you happy when you feel low. (Sorry I think nightwish is a band sorry if I’ve gotten mixed up) What’s your favourite song to play on the keyboard?
  • Options
    NIGHTWISH - Alpenglow (OFFICIAL LIVE) - YouTube thts 1 song i play, n i was at tht gig at wembley :) richard dawkins made a appearence
    Crazy mad insane