Self-care super thread✨
(Stitch sat in the sand turning himself into a sand castle. saying: Woo Self-care)
Hey folks hope you are well! I thought I’d make a post about self care.
I know it can feel a bit cringe or you may not even think it works but we all could do with some self-care in our daily life and the best part is, there’s so many options to suit everyone! 👍
Here I’m going list some, as well as how to fit some into your daily schedule!
Some of the core benefits include:
- Influences emotional health.
- Helps you take care of others.
- Allows you to be alone.
- Helps you be productive.
- Helps improve your immune system.
- Improves physical health
- Helps self-esteem.
- Increases self-knowledge.
All sounds great! 💛 But how do we fit self-care into our lives? It’s easier than you think and you may even be doing it without noticing!
Here’s some (reminder: There are many more just have a google!)
- Make a list of things to help you calm down when overwhelmed.
- Slow. Down.
- Spend time in nature.
- Start your day by reminding yourself what you are grateful for.
- Have healthy sleep schedule.
- Dedicate time to your relationships and improving social skills.
- Relax by doing something fun, relaxing or unproductive.
- Challenge toxic thoughts and beliefs.
- Get in something comfy.
- Try new things and expand comfort zone.
- Take social media and internet breaks.
- Get creative, draw, colour in, write poems etc.
- DO: Take responsibility for what you are responsible for, and aim to meet those.
- DON’T: Take responsibility for what you aren’t responsible for.
- Learn a new skill or hobby.
- Learn to say NO.
- Make an emergency self-care pack. (Find a nice bag or decorate a box to put It in. fill it with things that relax and comforts you, that encourages you, makes you smile, and to pamper you.
You can find more tips as well some don’ts here: https://psychcentral.com/blog/psychology-self/2020/06/self-care-mental-health#4
Immediate self care. 💙
- Ring Samaritans on 116 123
- Contact the Mix helpline at 0808 808 4994
- Childine at 0800 1111 or online.
- Use that emergency self-care pack I mentioned earlier.
Take away: Self-care is easy to do and it’s cool! We can all find some time in our daily lives to implement it. Be kind to yourselves! ❤️
If you have any tips offer em below!
🌈Positive thoughts🌈"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch
"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot
"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld