Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Last night/doctors

Hi guys 
So last night was a traumatic time for me it was about 2am I suddenly got this pain in chest and I instantly thought I was having a heart attack I was all tight and thought it was a heart attack and thought if I go to sleep I will end up dying in my sleep so I was really upset crying my eyes out my mom was in bed by then it was 3am I had to wake her up because I was so scared.
She woke up she was asking me what’s wrong I was trying to tell her but I was in so much pain I couldn’t talk properly.
she said to me you are definitely not having a heart attack I was so scared. 

After that from last night when I woke up today I had to book a doctors appointment online on my doctors website because I’m just sick of worrying that I’m going to die every time I think there is something wrong with me.
But the thing is the form said 18 to 25 but I am 17 but I did check the information and it said people from 16 and over can use this website so I just put my moms date of birth in the form because my date of birth wouldn’t work but I put my name down on it.
I just don’t want it to go on her record and I don’t want her to know.
After I finish the form it said a doctor will contact me at 6pm on Tuesday by text or call or email but I want them to email because I don’t want my mom to find out 😰
Any advice?

Comments

• SneakylilmochaSneakylilmocha Posts: 177 Helping Hand
    Hi @Emoji246
    I'm sorry for what you've been through, those kinds of situations like heart attacks must be traumatizing and I hope you get well soon, and send hugs to you :heart:

I'm not sure about this since I haven't experience a situation like this. Is your mom busy during 6pm? I recommend to talk by text or email and make sure you stay in a room alone and also make sure to silent your phone while you're have a chat with a doctor without your mom noticing. 

I also not sure about her record one though. My advice isn't helpful much, and I hope this helps. :heart:
    "Grow from the dirt they left you in."
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    edited January 2021
    @Sneakylilmocha it turns out that the doctor phoned me just now  and my mom found out 🥺
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey emoji that sounds like a really stressful night. How are you feeling now if you don’t mind me asking?
    Big hugs I hope your doctors appointment goes well. Always here if you ever need anything  <3
    @SpaceOtter Hey it turns out my doctor phoned and my mom found out she is in a bad mood now 😔
    Hey emoji I’m really sorry to hear that. Big hugs <3 here if you need someone to listen 
    Thankyou 
  • SciFi_456SciFi_456 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    @Emoji246

Hi Alina, sorry to hear what happened and I hope the pain in your chest is gone. How are you feeling?

I'm sorry that your mom found out. Idk what to say other than we're here for you and we will always listen.

-Liam 
    edited January 2021
    Hi @SciFi_456 I’m a bit unsure how I feel today I’m happy because I got to speak to the doctor and I’m annoyed because my moms in a bad mood over it I thought she would be happy but I guess not she’s not very supportive in these matters really in any matter really.   
    I start to question myself If I did the right thing 😔
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Hey,  can understand how scary it must be in the moment, especially when you feel like you don't have control over your body. If don't mind me asking, what did the doctor say in regards to the pains you were experiencing?
    @Salix_alba_2019  Hi❤️
    Yes it was very scary .
    The doctor said I was panicking to much and I’m not having a heart attack and I told him I worry I will die in my sleep and then he said he will refer me to somewhere 
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Emoji246 said:
    @Salix_alba_2019  Hi❤️
    Yes it was very scary .
    The doctor said I was panicking to much and I’m not having a heart attack and I told him I worry I will die in my sleep and then he said he will refer me to somewhere 
    Ahhh okay, hopefully, the person they refer you to can help put your mind at rest ;)

Do, you know where the fear of passing in your sleep comes from, or is it just a spontaneous worry? After my dad died I recall being terrified to sleep for the same reason, it was a long time ago now and I understand that it can happen in response to losing someone. 

I hope that you feel better soon  <3

Salix 
    edited January 2021
    @Salix_alba_2019 Hi 
    No it’s just a spontaneous worry I don’t know why are started thinking to be honest I worry about my health a lot and worry when people are ill.
    Yes hopefully the person can help.
    I’m really sorry for your loss here if you want to talk just direct message me ❤️🥺
    Sending big hugs 🥰
    Alina
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Emoji! 

Have you looked into health anxiety? Might be something to think about there's lots of stuff online that can help with it :)

Obviously professionals diagnose you but it might help regardless whether you do or not. I personally am a sufferer but haven't been so bad these days. Used to absolutely panic about everything that could happen to me! ❤️

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    @Laine Hello
    Yes I have looked into that on the NHS website for that information it helps a little bit even if I look into that information my mind still tells me there is still something serious wrong even if I do try it never goes away.
    Sending big hugs to you 🥰
    direct message me if you want to talk 
    I know that the panicking feeling can be very scary.
    Alina
  • SciFi_456SciFi_456 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Emoji246 you absolutely did the right thing. You were worried about your own health and you took action so congrats ☺️. I'm sorry if you're still feeling down but I hope your mom isn't mad at you now. I've also felt a fear of sleep for many years so if you wanna talk more about it you know where I am. ❤️

-Liam 
    Hey emoji you definitely did the right thing. You know yourself better than anyone else meaning  you know when you need help and support. It’s amazing that you’ve reached out to a doctor that was a big step. I hope you get the support you deserve, we’re always here whenever  you need anything  <3