Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

[deleted]

ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
edited February 2021 in Health & Wellbeing
[deleted]
Alis propriis volat 
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited December 2020
    Oh Zen,

Your childhood sounds like it was traumatic, to say the least. You deserved better, I'm sure you're already aware of that. What your dad did was monstrous and I'm so sorry that you had to experience what you did. We can't take back the past but we can take steps to be in control of our future and you're so strong to be doing exactly that.

I think with abuse a lot of the time when we're experiencing it, we decide not to talk about it because like you say, we're scared of the repercussions. It's really positive that you're trying to work on talking about it now. I hope that your new therapist is great and helps make talking about it to feel easier.

I think most of all I want people to know that if you've had a rough childhood or a difficult start in life, it doesn't determine your future!

This is sooo true, thank you so much for sharing. We can take our experiences and let them shape us as people. Having a difficult start doesn't mean it's going to be difficult forever either. Sure, there will still be obstacles you need to get past, and sometimes, things from the past will creep up and make you feel down but you're strong to get through what you did, you gotta keep going because things do get better.

You're fab for sharing this Zen, I know it can be super hard to share these kinds of things. We are so proud of you and we're grateful to have you around <3

• ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Thank you Liam pal <3 As you say, we can't control the past but we can for sure control our future! I couldn't agree with you more about the difficulties not lasting forever, if you take the right steps and put the emotional effort in, you can make it anywhere.

I'm so grateful to have everyone around me, especially my pals. I appreciate you too!
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    edited December 2020
    Hi Eleanor, I just wanted to say it was really amazing of you to share this, it must have taken a lot of strength. And post’s like this are incredibly helpful  not just for the person posting but the people reading them. The power of knowing you’re not alone is incredible. We’re always here for you. I don’t know what you’re going through but I’m always happy to listen <3

You’re definitely right that our past doesn’t determine our future. That’s a very important message to spread. 

You’re an amazing caring individual and we’re very lucky to have you.

Sorry if this came across rude.  We’re always happy to listen. Take care Eleanor  <3
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Zen, I'm so so proud of you for taking the step to write this out. I hope it helps you heal. 

I can hear how rough your childhood was. I'm so glad you've been getting help with this. You deserve to be happy. 

Even after your rough (to say the least) start, you've excelled and grown and now you're studying what you love. I'm so proud <3 

We all love you here and I'm so glad you took this step. I know how hard this must have been for you. 

If you ever need anything you know where we are <3
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @SpaceOtter - Thank you so much for your reply! It really means a lot to me <3 I dont think you could ever be rude, you're so supportive to everyone!

@Anch0r33 - Thank youuu! I think at the time it was difficult to think of what I 'deserve' and I most certainly wouldn't have said I deserve to be happy! But it's so much easier to see now that I did deserve more and I try and use that to help others. It might seem like a strange thing to say but all of this has already happened to me so I might as well do something useful it even if it's just advocating for children's protection etc. For all of that to happen and for it all to be for nothing would be a waste of my childhood in a sense. It's taught me so much like how to be resilient and not let anyone stand in my way. Yes I may now have some mental health difficulties to deal with but everyday I'm learning so much about myself and I wouldn't be me without them! I'm going off an a tangent now!

Thank you for all your kind words, I'm so glad to be surrounded by such caring people <3   
    Alis propriis volat