Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Mental health

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
So this may come out as jumble but here we go

Why is it so hard to tell my mum about my mental health?? I want to tell her, I really want too but I just can’t get the words out to tell her. 

I am supposed to be start CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy.) but what even is this and how will I fit it in with work? Will they make me go through my pst experiences? I mean I’m pretty open about them but I’m worried that bringing them forward again may be a negative thing in relation to my anxiety.

my jobs only temporary and I was offered a job interview at another nursery, the sensible thing would probably to have gone for it. But mentally I feel I’m in a good place (work) because they know about what’s going on, they are supportive, I like the staff and I would hate to break the bond I have gained with the child I’m looking after.

I still worry that despite work being really nice and understanding, that time will change and I’ll become the outcast like I always do, I always seem to get on with people for a while then slowly I end up being the butt of everyones joke, the one who can’t do anything right. The one who scared to say anything in case they make themselves look stupid.

I don’t like not knowing what mood I’ll be in in the next few days/weeks like I will just wake up one day and not be ok without rhyme nor reason.

Does anyone find they go through cycles of sleep
1st sleeps like a baby for a week or so followed by finding it hard to fall asleep then moving on to waking up randomly and/or having bad dreams (I don’t think it’s the dreams waking me up tho)

Comments

• StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey @One-in-a-million

Firstly just wanted to pop on to send you some hugs, it sounds like your dealing with lots of things at the minute, we care about you and it's really positive that you've posted this thread to get some support. :heart:

With regards to telling your mum about your mental health could you maybe try writing her a letter? Just a suggestion cause sometimes it may be easier to get the words out that you want to say. 

This article on the NHS website is all about CBT so it may be helpful for you. If you chat to the person who is going to be doing the CBT with you they may be able to answer some of your questions too. 

It's really positive that your work is being supportive and understanding, and maybe one day when you feel ready if positions come up in other nurseries you may want to take them. But it's okay that you didn't take the position in the new nursery, it's completely normal to want to stay somewhere you are settled and feel supported :heart:

It sounds like the staff are very nice at your job, so hopefully that doesn't change :heart:

Do you have any support for your mental health? I know you've mentioned CBT but do you have any support from anyone else? 

It sounds difficult for you not knowing what mood you are going to be, hopefully with CBT you may learn some new strategies and coping skills to help you going forward :heart:

With sleep, have you spoken to your GP about this? They may be able to help. 

The NHS have another article all about sleep, so hopefully that may be able to help you. 

Take good care, and we are here for you :heart:

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with questions or concerns.
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Thank you Stephanie it’s much appreciated xx
    I’ve thought about writing a letter but then I still worry about how she will react, will she be upset, angry, suppose or think I’m just being silly. I have no idea

thank you for the links I took a quick look at them and they look really helpful so I’m going have a deeper look at them. I’m really hoping that this position lasts longer than the 6 months. I’m fed up of moving jobs all the time because it means starting all over again. Part of me feels stupid for not going for the other one but the other part of me likes where I am now. I feel comfortable and supported, I’m still not feeling very confident but I’m getting there slowly and it’s better than when I started.

I currently haven’t got any other support altho my managers are really good with me. There are things I haven’t told them and they are probably better off not knowing, although they are supportive I worry what they would think.

I haven’t really thought about going to my GP, I’m sleeping ok at the moment so hopefully it will continue to go well.

thank you for replying xx