Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Self harm

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,969 Community Veteran
How do u make it less painful, how do prevent paniç attacks, I'm no supergirl, me and anxiety don't mix
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    I have found that when panic starts to set in, deep breathing can prevent a full blown attack coming on, and also heard that if you try and focus your eyes on something on the wall ahead of you and breathe slowly that can also help. 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000

Sorry to hear your struggling, sending you hugs :heart:

The Mix have lots of information on self-harm if you wanted to have a look. You are not alone and we care about you and we are here for you.

I agree with what Lucy has said above, some great advice there :heart:

How are you feeling today? :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,969 Community Veteran
    im have a normal head, but i feel rubbish everyday, bit sad :(. why do txt lines cut u off after an hour. i stumble at phonecalls saying how i feel. i talked to ppl i knew out and about how i feel but i was told by the 'tall one' not to. 
    help!!!!
    Crazy mad insane