Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

History Repeating Itself

Evelyn360Evelyn360 Posts: 82 Budding Regular
Hey,

Its been a while since I wrote on here which in hindsight is probably a good thing as I haven't felt I've needed to. Tonight I've got a deja vu feeling though which I was hoping to not feel again. Its making me feel a bit helpless in a way I haven't felt in a long time. Sometimes I feel like no matter what you do or say some people just close their ears off to anything that isn't what they want to hear. Usually I try to not let that bother me, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and some people just aren't in a place to see things from another perspective/ accept things. Which is fine, lifes a journey and everyone has to go through the motions and process their own feelings in their own time. I'm just feeling frustrated because I tried to open up about something I never would usually to a family member and they shut it down completely, even when I expressed that their actions effect me negatively. Its really annoying and tbh its made me feel quite hurt. Mentally it put me back to how I felt 8 years ago which was a really dark place that I never want to revisit. I know I'm not the same person I was then,  I guess by even sharing this it proves to myself i know I'm not because I'm not sweeping it under my own mental carpet. As much as I've tried to move on I don't think I expected to have to relive certain emotions again and now I have to figure out how to process that. 

Anyway, quite vague but I just thought I'd write it down, let it go and all that. 

Thanks for reading 

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hey @Evelyn360

Totally understand what you mean. I want you to know that we are here, we will always listen and accept your feelings for what they are. Your feelings will always be valid to us :heart:

You did really well to share this with us - like you say, you didn't sweep it under the carpet, and that's a really great thing. Well done. How did it feel to let things off your chest?

If you'd like to share any more details with us, or if there's any way in particular that you'd like us to support you, please do feel free to share. Or, if you just wanted a space to rant and for somebody to listen, we can absolutely do that too. Take good care x