Home Travel & Free Time
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

Playlist challenge #14

Jade09Jade09 EnglandPosts: 590 Moderator
edited October 21 in Travel & Free Time
                          Hey everyone! 
                                                                    It’s the month of  October which means
                         another playlist challenge, for this month    
                                                                   the theme is going to be....

Spooky 

I look forward to seeing all your suggestions!! 

Comments

• EyepatchEyepatch Smol Bean Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    https://open.spotify.com/track/63y2aL2dT6zzw8FOSLaNrp?si=uWknWY7bSbuyIXJMUlrRkA

This is Halloween is a staple for any spooky playlist :3 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    Jade09
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling DurhamPosts: 460 Moderator
    Howl by Florence + the Machine is incredibly spooky!
    errrinEyepatchMikeJade09
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan “The biggest battles are the ones that rage within us.”Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Monster Mash: 

Ghost town: 

These are kinda old songs but I dig.
    MikeJade09Laine
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Posts: 4,339 The Mix Elder
    Ghostbusters Theme Song is an absolute classic for Halloween so obviously this would be one of my top ideas.

Thriller by Michael Jackson is a song that is a tradition for me to put on every Halloween! It is another absolute classic to listen to.

Of course I would have to also choose Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing by Witch Doctor as a spooky song.

Witches Brew by David Casper is also a great choice of spooky style music to listen to.
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
    errrinJade09
  • errrinerrrin Posts: 60 Boards Initiate
    The curse by Agnes Obel is very spooky but in a weird but beautiful poetic way. 
    Jade09
  • MikeMike Screen addict 🎮 LondonPosts: 2,923 Community Manager
    Love the suggestions of Agnes Obel and Florence! Perfect vibe.

One of my personal dark/spooky songs is Thousand Eyes by Of Monsters and Men:

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Jade09
  • RileyRiley Posts: 606 Super Moderator
    Must be time for me to post another Gorillaz song for one of these! :lol:

The music video for this always freaked me out as a kid, and just a spooky song in general.

Jade09Laine
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,165 Skive's The Limit
    edited October 17
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
    Jade09
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,165 Skive's The Limit
    Da Boy Tommy - Candyman

https://youtu.be/zLO-J9HA8Q0
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    Jade09
  • ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Always Look Up. Optimism > PesimismPosts: 197 Trailblazer
    Oh boy!

Give me a few minutes. I am gonna concoct the greatest Halloween playlist! Hahah.
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
    Jade09
  • ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Always Look Up. Optimism > PesimismPosts: 197 Trailblazer

We shall start off with this classic by Rob Zombie, inspired by the 1940s 'Tales From The Unknown' series. Most of Zombie's works are horror themed, but I picked the most suitable for this playlist.

Let's have another classic - The Specials, Ghost Town. Iconic song that was at the start of the Ska movement. Can't get much more spooky then this!

If I did not add this iconic Disney song, can we really call it Halloween?

You can't call it a 'horror' playlist without a bunch of guys in spooky masks, so why not the propiators of spooky masks metal in Slipknot, who are seriously inspired by horror movies?

And finally...finally...the most ICONIC horror movie score of all time; Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells!
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
    Jade09
  • Jade09Jade09 EnglandPosts: 590 Moderator
    Thank you for all your spooky suggestions so far, I'd love to see some more before the end of the month!
  • Jade09Jade09 EnglandPosts: 590 Moderator
    Madelyn Darling - Somebody's Watching Me

if you like stranger things. And retro synth wave you’ll like this.

Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    This ones a bit obscure but it's the filthiest most evil track you've ever heard. Used to rave to it back in the 90s

Technological Terror Crew - The Ripper

Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Posts: 4,339 The Mix Elder
    Immortalized by Disturbed!
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide County Durham Posts: 233 Trailblazer
    Ghost busters