Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fed up

Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
honestly just had enough, the doctors on Friday have yet again showed me how people let me down. I wasn't allowed to leave until I talked to the crisis team that I didn't even want to do.  I put the phone down on them as they were shouting at me...and the doctor still wouldn't let me leave so I had to convince the crisis team I would be safe on Friday. It was awful. Yet again they promised me they would call me on Saturday to check how I was, and I'm no better honestly. I just want everything to be over. I'm constantly let down and I know I should be grateful for the little bit of help I do get but maybe I shouldn't waste people's time and not bother anymore. All they did was increase the meds I was on, like that would get rid of the suicidal thoughts.  The doctor also didn't care my self harm was getting worse and I don't either to be fair. 

Comments

• Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @Mellyy99

I can hear you've been through a difficult time recently with the support you've been receiving. Sending huge hugs your way. How you are feeling today? :heart:

You are so important and truly do deserve to feel supported, always. So please know that you will never be wasting anybody's time :smile: 

It sounds like the support you received isn't quite what you would have liked or what you felt comfortable with. Did they know that you felt this way - were you given an opportunity to express your thoughts? 

You say the doctor didn't care that your self harm was getting worse. This isn't right - they should absolutely care, because your well-being is hugely important. I want you to know that we care, a lot. I'm wondering, would you like to talk to us a little bit more about how you are feeling and what may be happening at the moment to make you feel this way? We are right here to support you in whatever way you feel comfortable with :heart:

Take good care x
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hi @Mellyy99

I'm so sorry to hear how difficult things are at the moment and that it sounds like you are not getting the right support. I totally echo what coc0mac said - we are here for you and hope to help in any small way we can. Let us know how you have been getting on since the weekend? 

Sending hugs, take care
    Lucy 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    Mel_Mel_ Posts: 574 Incredible Poster
    coc0mac said:
    Hi @Mellyy99

I can hear you've been through a difficult time recently with the support you've been receiving. Sending huge hugs your way. How you are feeling today? :heart:

You are so important and truly do deserve to feel supported, always. So please know that you will never be wasting anybody's time :smile: 

It sounds like the support you received isn't quite what you would have liked or what you felt comfortable with. Did they know that you felt this way - were you given an opportunity to express your thoughts? 

You say the doctor didn't care that your self harm was getting worse. This isn't right - they should absolutely care, because your well-being is hugely important. I want you to know that we care, a lot. I'm wondering, would you like to talk to us a little bit more about how you are feeling and what may be happening at the moment to make you feel this way? We are right here to support you in whatever way you feel comfortable with :heart:

Take good care x
    I'm still not great honestly and really struggling. No call from anyone as I expected... 

I still think I'm wasting their time, I clearly am too much to deserve someone to call me for me to tell them I'm feeling exactly the same.

I wasn't, I was at the doctor's appointment for an hour and a half so it was a lot to deal with before they let me leave, only increasing my meds. The doctor is meant to be calling me on Friday again and I'm nervous to tell them my thoughts regarding suicidal thoughts are still the same as all they will do is make me talk to the crisis team. 

Yeah my self harm has been worse and obv I won't go into detail here but I'm at the point that I couldn't care less about my own body. Everything honestly, family things, things that my ex has been bringing up. I don't want to go into detail here. The sexual assault. A lot.
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    I hope your feeling better now @Mel_
    Sending hugs <3