Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Struggling with motivation

becca29becca29 Posts: 1 Just got here
Hi. I'm really struggling with motivation and I feel like I need to be more together. I'm currently working full-time whilst getting my bachelor's degree through my work. I'm always tired and I now live far away from home. My mom is always saying that I don't see her enough even though I visit her every week and I never have anytime for myself. My work is getting me to do odd hours, starting at 5 on some days and not finishing until 12 on other days. I feel as though I'm being pulled in every direction and that I'm not doing enough to make everyone happy. I'm also currently moving flat and struggling to ask for help moving, I really don't want to inconvenience anyone as I live a while away. There's just so much going on I don't know where to put my focus. I tried to get help back in February but was told I was too high risk and they would have to refer my to another service, they never got back to me and I'm starting to feel like I don't deserve help. I'm sorry for the long rant I just needed to say something.

Comments

• Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @becca29

Welcome to the community :heart:

It sounds like you've got lots of things going on for you at the minute, so it's really positive that you've reached out for support here and we are here for you and care about you :heart:

Sorry to hear about you trying to get help and not getting the help you deserve. 

Are you able to talk to anyone about how you are feeling? Like a family member/friend? 

With regards to work could you speak to your manager about it, and how it is affecting you? 

Keep posting if it's helping we are here for you :smile:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,499 Skive's The Limit
    Hey!

Sounds like you’re giving yourself a bit of a hard time? Cause to me it sounds like you’re doing so much! We can’t make everyone happy sometimes. There is only so much you can do till you just drain out and you need time for you! Time to just sit and do something you enjoy or just sit to reflect of your thoughts ect cause sounds like really busy. 

Have you thought about going back and just being like there this is still a problem. And say it went no where last time. You deserve help and no matter what they should give some sort of help. But yeah I know it’s stupid when they say oh you’re too high risk and then another service would be like oh not high risk enough just bit stupid. But I’m glad you’re reaching out here! 
    Take care <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley