Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

NHS Chat Health

StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
edited July 2020 in Health & Wellbeing
Not anything big just curious as to whether anyone’s used NHS Chat Health.

Hi, so I got in contact with my school about a month ago regarding mental health concerns and asked about counselling. They finally replied today and said they don’t need to call anymore (for one that’s 4 weeks of unneeded worrying!!) Anyways I was told I could try the NHS Chat Health, I didn’t know this was a thing so just had a look into it. I’m not sure how it works so going to keep looking into it but was just wondering if anyone else has used this before? I find it really hard bringing myself around to doing things I don’t know fully about so if anyone has tried it I would really appreciate some advice/ knowledge into it. Thanks <3
“I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *

Comments

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Starlight! 

Interestingly I have not heard about this before! But after research I have a basic understanding of it :)

If you haven't already these two links share more info 
    https://www.nhs.uk/apps-library/chathealth/
    https://chathealth.nhs.uk/

It appears it's as most text services you text and a professional gets back to you. These replies are within office hours and it charges your standard network rate.

Hopefully someone can offer some insight but I will say maybe its worth giving the 1-2-1 services such as crisis messenger here a try? 

You can get a feel for it before you try the chat health service :) 

The mix also offer counselling you can look out for when they're taking new applications!

It's certainly interesting I haven't heard of it before! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Thanks @Laine I’m currently taking a little bit of time to just try and figure what my best options are, there are so many options I have now it’s a little overwhelming but I’m sure I’ll get there and I guess it’s good to have options open as it’s more likely I find something that works for me. Thanks for the suggestions as well <3
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *