Home Change The World
Fill out The Mix's Annual User Survey for a chance to win a £200 Amazon voucher, to shape our services, and get closer to earning a badge!
Need support urgently? Click here

Young people fighting to end racism

MikeMike Screen addict 🎮LondonPosts: 2,661 Community Manager
edited July 9 in Change The World
The Mix's media crew recently went to a Black Lives Matter protest, over at Westminster. They captured some of the proesting and spoke to some of the young protestors to hear what they had to say.

Here's what happened. :) 

Have you been to any protests? If so, what was your experience?
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

LaineEleanorPoppyBSalix_alba_2019chubbydumpling

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 6,711 Master Poster
    The protest in my city had to be relocated last minute because EDL showed up. The turn out was good, there were speech's from multiple people who gave an insight in some of the equalities they have faced, so was a real eye opener. 
    It was also nice to see different generations involved. I noticed many young people but also the older generation including elderly at the protest. 
    It was a protest that needed to happen and I do hope change is coming from jt

The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

Astrid Alauda

• Kasa2103Kasa2103 This Is Me! ❤👅👌🤓💃🎤 South EastPosts: 3,751 Community Veteran
    edited August 11
    That is a great video so well done media team. I hope that there was adequate social distancing to keep everyone safe. 

I have never been to a protest although I was close to going to one at one point last year. Me and some other students were going to make a petition for the older students (year 9 and above) to be allowed the day off to go to a protest. I think that it was a climate change protest. But we ended up not doing it because of it being unlikely that we would get permission and it would be a bad idea for basically half the school to walk out.
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.