Home Coronavirus/COVID-19
We're aware of several bugs/changes to the discussion boards. We're looking into them and will give an update as soon as we can. Thank you for bearing with us. :)

Going shopping

DandelionDandelion Posts: 262 The Mix Regular
I just got back from town. I had to go shopping to get a few bits, it was so busy nobody was keeping two metres apart. I ended up leaving without everything I needed cause I could feel myself getting too anxious. When I’m at work I don’t really notice, I’m on a till so I only have to deal with the person in front of me, but when shopping you have to deal with everyone else around you. I don’t know if it’s because the rules are going to be slightly relaxed soon or what but it was so stressful and if people are already acting like they don’t have to socially distance what is it going to be like when it goes down to 1+ metres. I live by myself so if I need things I have to get them myself but if it’s that busy I don’t know if I can bring myself to do it 

Comments

• ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 9,120 Supreme Poster
    edited June 29
    Hey I get you. I work on the shop floor and this weekend it was very busy. Last weekend before that it wasn’t busy. Idk if cause letting more people in now or what. But all getting bit too busy

but if you are only walking by someone you’re not going to catch corona. It’s for longer period of times I think.  It’s only when people speak and breath right in front of your face  
    But yeah it is stressful 

What I have noticed is I keep my distance from people any way. as much as possible so it doesn’t feel much difference to me 😂. Don’t like being close to anyone. 

Sorry I don’t have much help to offer. Tbh in my view in kinda glad it’s busy because I don’t want the high street to end and I was scared everything will end up online if people realise it’s easier but yeah company’s need supporting. So i like to think of the benefits rather only focusing tooo much on all negatives. 

Are you usually anxious in busy places or is it because of the corona?
    if you have the strength to sustain anorexia you have the strength to overcome it
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 262 The Mix Regular
    Thanks that does help 😊. I don’t normally get that anxious in public so I think it’s more down to corona