Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Black/space

yellowtag3yellowtag3 Posts: 1 Just got here
edited June 2020 in Health & Wellbeing
Hi, with recent events shining a light on racial injustice and the disproportionate deaths of black people, I'm creating this group as a safe space!

Been browsing and it might be odd putting this in wellbeing but we really deserve it right now, especially during lockdown, its def easy to feel isolated and unsure of whats the come for us, and its more than understandable to feel unsafe.

>>>>>>> pls leave random thoughts and discussion points <33333

Comments

• Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Hey hey, welcome to the mix! 

kudos for creating this space but I'm not sure if it will do more harm than good. Please hear me out, I too am POC and generally post where ever because The Mix is considered a safe space where people can share their thoughts. I've been a part of the comunity for over 6 years now and I'm hesitant that creating a black space will cause further divide. Don't get me wrong I feel like your hearts in the right place, I'm just not sure that sub section for my black brothers and sisters it's something that would help a comunity that's already so inclusive and non divisve. 
    I'm pro BLM and proudly black to the core, belive me everything hit me so hard mentally so I understand the need to create a space where we can talk about it, I hear you ❤️

What are your thoughts on this?