Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @independent_
    Yep, vanilla Nespresso. No milk or sugar. The best way!
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,160 Part of The Furniture
    edited June 2020
    Liam said:
    Wow thats a big shift for a sunday @Millie2787
    @Liam That’s a normal shift ! Mornings are 7:30am-2:30pm , afternoons 2:30-9:30pm Double is 14 hours (7:30am-9:30pm ) and nights are 10 hours 9:30pm -7:30Am

Joys of being a carer 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    My mam works in a care home and works 8-8pm but no on a sunday she has the day off :) 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,660 Legendary Poster
    @GreenTea here I am with my Nescafé aha 😂😂 not had Nespresso for ages. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @GreenTea here I am with my Nescafé aha 😂😂 not had Nespresso for ages. 

I'll post ya a coffee
  • Options
    Liam said:
    My mam works in a care home and works 8-8pm but no on a sunday she has the day off :) 
    I work mainly weekend becuase of college so pretty much work every Saturday and Sunday mainly afternoons but 2 Saturdays a month I do a morning ... I much prefer afternoon 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited June 2020
    hope its a good shift for you and that time flies
  • Options
    @Millie2787 do you ever have to do the 14 hour shift? If you do that must be awful!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @Millie2787 do you ever have to do the 14 hour shift? If you do that must be awful!
    I’ve done a few yeah ! It’s Definitely knackering. It we get half hour break each shift so half hour in morning and half hour in afternoon which helps to break it up abit more 
  • Options
    @Millie2787 aww, I bet. Good that you get a break though you’d definitely need it!
  • Options
    Some shifts are better than others just depends what unit I’m working and what mood the residents are in , let’s just say I’ve had some interesting comments said to me 🤣
  • Options
    Well hopefully today they’re in a good mood and you have a good shift :) 
  • Options
     caramel iced coffee with barista oat milk 👌👌 @independent_
    Just made too
  • Options
    Well hopefully today they’re in a good mood and you have a good shift :)@GreenTea oooooo!!! I want one ;) I wanna buy some different coffees now aha 
  • Options
    FFS why does my phone keep doing that with my posts!!! 
  • Options
    Do!! Ha coffee machine for Christmas?
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @independent_ Keep doing what?
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    @independent_ what do you mean? Does it like post with half a word even though you put the full word and does it like clear a message and stuff? 
    I've been having issues with my phone on here. Wonder if it's a glicth
  • Options
    @Eleanor I think my internet dies or something and it posts my posts twice 
  • Options
    @GreenTea yeah it’s probably a glitch with my phone my laptop doesn’t do it aha. It’s almost as if the message doesn’t clear properly and half goes back through 
  • Options
    Yes! It's weird.. mine likes to skip back to the middle of a message and carry on with typing to which I then have to delete and start again 🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    GreenTea said:
     caramel iced coffee with barista oat milk 👌👌 @independent_
    Just made too
    This is how I like mine too lol

When am I coming round? 
  • Options
    @Salix_alba_2019 haha whenever! Everyone has free use of my Nespresso machine to be as creative as they wish with their coffee 😂
    I have a milk jug and wisk to do your milk, I have stencils and chocolate powder if you like that too 👌
    Run my own little coffee shop from my kitchen
  • Options
    @GreenTea yeah mine does that too aha it’s so annoying!
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    GreenTea said:
    @Salix_alba_2019 haha whenever! Everyone has free use of my Nespresso machine to be as creative as they wish with their coffee 😂
    I have a milk jug and wisk to do your milk, I have stencils and chocolate powder if you like that too 👌
    Run my own little coffee shop from my kitchen
    That's it, I'm coming right now hahaha

You have all the cool stuff, I swear making coffee is an art😍
  • Options
    Coffee partyyyyyyyy!
  • Options
    Yess! We have all types of coffee, coffee from other countries, flavour coffee etc!
    Party at mine haha
  • Options
    I’m gonna make another coffee. I drink too much coffee aha ;) it probably doesn’t help me any. 
  • Options
    Haha. Be careful!
  • Options
    Aww, I will thanks :)