Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    @Supernova You should definitely watch it! Hella hilarious! What about you? Got any shows to recommend?
  • Options
    PassionflowerPassionflower Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    @lovemimoon Thank you so much. Honestly, I really appreciate it. The same goes for you too! <3 although unfortunately I’m not on here all the time so can’t guarantee that I’ll be able to reply straight away :(
  • Options
    What are you guys up to? I’m so sleepy but I haven’t eaten dinner yet and couldn’t go to sleep without it so I’ve just chucked a whole load of frozen chips and spring rolls in the oven and I’m waiting until they’re done :sleeping: I’m going to carry on watching Catastrophe when I finally get to eat lol
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hope you enjoy your food @Passionflower I'm sleepy too just listening to videos on my phone and trying not to think :D

@lovemimoon well I watch mostly dramas, Altered Carbon is probably my favourite thing on Netflix.
  • Options
    Morning
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    morning how’s everyone
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    A bit rough, but sick of sounding like a broken record now :p how about you? @independent_ hope you're okay!
  • Options
    I’m sorry to hear that @Supernova it’s good to talk about this stuff so don’t worry about sounding like a broken record, I’m sure I do sometimes too ;)

I’m ok, mind’s racing so I’m just trying to calm the negativity right now but I’m sure I’ll be ok.

Any plans for today?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Howdy peeps
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'm so full of cold. It's nasty
  • Options
    How are you @Millie2787?
  • Options
    Morning everyone! <3
  • Options
    Well I hope you feel better soon @independent_ I guess I'm doing much of the same. Just struggling to do anything without having this looming sense of wrongness. It's weird and tiring.

Well today I have no plans and I'm home alone so I gotta find something engaging or I'll start bouncing off the walls :D I think I'll do a bit of the CBT I've been able to access through anxietyUK, watch some streams and depending on how I'm doing have a chat with CALM or SHOUT.

How about yourself any plans?

Hey @Millie2787 @GreenTea
  • Options
    Morning @lovemimoon
  • Options
    Hey
  • Options
    What's going on?
  • Options
    Hey @Passionflower

You guys both okay? :)
  • Options
    @Supernova Not really but what’s new lol. How about you?
  • Options
    Oh I'm an anxious mess but what's new. :p@Passionflower Is it anything you wanna talk about? Any plans for this weekend?
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
    Hey @LorryTruck how are you?
  • Options
    Hey @LorryTruck I’m here, how are you doing?

@Supernova not much planned here either, I went to McDonalds but that’s been about it hahaha. I’m glad you’ve been able to access CBT and I hope it’s going well :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Mmmm maccies I could defo go a quarter pounder
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Anyone here? I'm really struggling with things
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Hey @Apollo

What's up?
  • Options
    Hi @lovemimoon thanks for asking

I don't really know, I was trying to sleep and I had some sort of thing happen to me. Just started shaking and became terrified, I know that sounds like a panic attack, and maybe it was, but I don't know and I don't like throwing around serious terms like that when I'm not 100% sure about them. Anyway I'm getting sidetracked. After it subsided I basically just felt hopeless, like I'll never be happy, and like I'm not good enough, because recently I've been struggling to do anything, even my silly hobbies (which despite being silly are important to me).

I think I'm just not being kind to myself. I've been going through a lot this past week, maybe the most I've been through since my dad died. But this time nothing's actually happening, and that's what makes it worse. I'm in my bed feeling awful and ashamed of myself and I don't even know why. I know I'm going through things but in my subconscious I just feel lazy and pathetic because my big struggles are just things like feeling okay.

I didn't expect to go so in detail like this, maybe I'm in the wrong thread for this kind of thing.
  • Options
    Hey @Apollo

It's a general chit chat thread but there's been instances of people (myself included) sharing difficult experiences so it's all good.

I'm sorry for your loss. It looks like you've been going through a really difficult time. <3 I don't think you're not being kind to yourself - I think with everything that's going on, you might be feeling overwhelmed and it might be taking a toll? What do you think?
  • Options
    @lovemimoon
    Ooooh no my dad dying happened when I was 9, I'm totally over that. I'm just saying I've not felt this bad since then. But I appreciate your concern