Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    @Millie2787 aww I’m glad you’re doing good! Absolutely, sometimes getting out of your area for a bit is good. Enjoy those drinks with your friend and have a lovely night away! <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
    Hi.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
    I've realised that I am bisexual.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Hey @Dancer how are you doing?

Aww, it’s great that you feel you can talk to us about your sexuality, be proud of who you are!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    edited May 2021
    Hey @independent_ I'm feeling slightly better today thanks for asking. How about you? Up to much?

Tell me about it @Passionflower there's so little happening. Which has its pros and cons I guess. What've you been watching? I'm waiting for a new show to catch my interest or a new season of something on Netflix maybe.
  • Options
    @Supernova I’m not too bad, just a bit tired tbh. Not up to much just been watching GPs behind closed doors and beat the chasers.

I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better, remember we’re always here <3
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster

@independent_ aww I've popped in a few times here but I've mostly been busy with work *cries*

How've you been?
  • Options
    Aww @Salix_alba_2019 hope work is going well <3 I’ve been doing ok thanks, not been up to much myself.
  • Options
    PassionflowerPassionflower Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    @independent_ Hey Elle, how are you doing? Thank you so much. I'm glad to have finally joined the discussion boards!

@Supernova I think that the series by Russell T Davies called It's a Sin, Banana and Cucumber were the last ones that I watched. Other than those, recently I've watched the first two seasons of the Crown on Netflix. Have you seen Game of Thrones, Orange Is the New Black, Suits, or Fleabag before? Those are some of my favourites that I can remember off the top of my head.
  • Options
    @Passionflower I’m not too bad thanks just watching TV, how are you? It’s great to see you on the boards as you can probably see from my number of posts I’ve been a bit addicted to the boards for a while lol.
  • Options
    @independent_ To be honest, I'm not doing the best but I'm just trying to distract myself from the dread lol. Yeah, you seem to have been using the boards for ages!
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Some of the people here have been here forever. There's a guy called Skive with his own special role who's been here like 20 years apparently.
    The role is called "Skive's The Limit" which I think is genius
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    20 years??? When did the Mix start?
  • Options
    @Apollo Yep, Skive has been here since 2001 so 20 years.

I believe (and I may be wrong) @lovemimoon that the mix started in 2000, some of the very old posts go back to then. I had too much time on my hands one day and looked through some old threads.

Personally I’ve been here 5 years, I found the mix in late 2015 but didn’t actually sign up till 2016 lol.

@Passionflower I’m sorry to hear that :( sending big hugs
  • Options
    @Passionflower still struggling today then? :/ sorry to hear, I'm doing literally everything I can to avoid that feeling of dread too so I defo hear that

I've seen GoT and suits - orange is the new black is something I should get around to watching at some point. So much on Netflix is really bad but there are a few gems. Altered carbon is probably my favourite thing on Netflix :)

Thanks @independent_ hope you get a good sleep tonight then :p I'm just gonna keep trying to chat to people on here or elsewhere
  • Options
    @Supernova Yeah I'm not feeling that great today either. How about you? How have you been feeling today? What did you think of Game of Thrones and Suits? Orange Is the New Black is so good. I've never heard of Altered Carbon but I'll check it out when I get Netflix again :)
  • Options
    deluxenelldeluxenell Posts: 15 Settling in
    Woo nice to see a new crowd of night owls around @Apollo @deluxenell @lovemimoon in the early days of this thread it was me who was awake all night lol, but at the moment I can’t stay awake past midnight :joy: I hope you all sleep well today

haha heyo @independent_
    thanks! i hope u sleep well too
  • Options
    @independent_ I did some sleuthing and found out more about The Mix prehistory.

There's a badge called 'Ancient Membership" which seems to be earned for being around 11 years after anniversary badges became a thing.

There's 3 accounts with it, one is unknown, one is Skive and the other is an account called @JsT which was created in August 2000. I wasn't even a fetus at that point.

JsT seems to be the oldest account I can find, but if you look back on the first messages sent into the 'Anything Goes' thread, they seem to date back to February 2000. All the February 2020 posts are from former members, which interestingly the site considers to all be from one 'Former Member' account. This gives it it the highest role of 'The Mix Honorary Guru' with over 1.8 million posts.

This will all be on the exam
  • Options
    Anyone awake at this time?
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey @Apollo

What's up?
  • Options
    @lovemimoon I'm still up
  • Options
    @Passionflower I've been a little better today but only because I've been avoiding thinking, otherwise I've still been scared / anxious. Really want it to pass now, it is becoming draining again.

Game of thrones I enjoyed a lot till the last season. Suits was an enjoyable watch but nothing incredible. I'm not a big watcher of movies or TV, more of a casual viewer.
  • Options
    Hey @Passionflower

Welcome to the Mix! <3
  • Options
    @Supernova I'm glad to hear that you've managed to start feeling a little bit better today despite still feeling scared and anxious. Is there anything that you think might help improve how you're feeling? Also, the last season of Game of Thrones was just a mess and could have been so much better! I really enjoyed Suits but I feel that the last couple of seasons weren't as good as the first ones
  • Options
    @lovemimoon Hey, how are you doing? Thank you! :)
  • Options
    @Passionflower I finished rewatching Orange Is The New Black and I'm in a bit of a low mood. Other than that, I've had better days.
    What about you?
  • Options
    I went out to eat today
  • Options
    @lovemimoon Did you rewatch the whole thing? That must have taken ages lol but it's so good. I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling low and I hope that you can start to feel better soon. I'm also feeling quite down and anxious. I've just been trying to distract myself by watching things. Currently, I've just started watching This Way Up
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I've been on the mix since for years too. I was here when it was called thesite.org! That was a long time ago now